Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Joe Schreiber

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Joe Schreiber

24-17 EP lead at the half.
    Nice 40 yard Hail Mary by Minnetonka QB Severson to get a td as the clock ran out in the half

Reporter on Twitter claims Montero was offered a PWO from Gophers recently.

As an EP resident, I can confirm everything about Montero. The kid is a gamer and a winner. He is in on almost every play offense, defense, and special teams. That said, I hear from one of my neighbors the reasoning for no P5 offers is the lack prototypical size. Fleck said he looked like an B1G middle linebacker but only had the rocks to give him an PWO. I’m not a great HS football mind but this kid needs an offer from NDSU. Get him to the dome to watch our NFL caliber LBs fly around in a playoff atmosphere, sold. All this kid knows is winning and NDSU would be such a great fit. Should help after the Gophers lose by 40 later today too.

Congrats to Eden Prairie and Joe Schreiber as EP pulls away in the 2nd half to win the state championship game 38-17. Saw some plays where Schreiber showed off good use of quick feet, change of direction and good seal-off blocks. Good team player!

Antonio Montero is listed at 6’ 215. Sounds like good size for an outside LB. But looking at him on tv, my eyeball test thinks he is more like 5’ 11” - 6’ ish and more like 195. Would explain Minnesota not offering a scholly - I did find that Darren Wolfson/Ryan Burns/Gobie twitter thread Gobuck mentioned on being offered a PWO by Fleck. But this thread ended up with another reply where the rumor is Montero won’t accept the PWO and instead is looking for a scholarship offer. Has some Ivy interest as well as D2 offers, so does have choices. It was an Air Force offer at one time, according to Gobie. Sounds like it isn’t an offer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Congrats to Eden Prairie and Joe Schreiber as EP pulls away in the 2nd half to win the state championship game 38-17. Saw some plays where Schreiber showed off good use of quick feet, change of direction and good seal-off blocks. Good team player!

Antonio Montero is listed at 6’ 215. Sounds like good size for an outside LB. But looking at him on tv, my eyeball test thinks he is more like 5’ 11” - 6’ ish and more like 195. Would explain Minnesota not offering a scholly - I did find that Darren Wolfson/Ryan Burns/Gobie twitter thread Gobuck mentioned on being offered a PWO by Fleck. But this thread ended up with another reply where the rumor is Montero won’t accept the PWO and instead is looking for a scholarship offer. Has some Ivy interest as well as D2 offers, so does have choices. It was an Air Force offer at one time, according to Gobie. Sounds like it isn’t an offer anymore.
    Someone might need to correct me, but I don’t believe the service schools like Air Force offer athletic scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Someone might need to correct me, but I don’t believe the service schools like Air Force offer athletic scholarships.

I believe they can offer some form of assistance but you do have to complete your service commitment which takes out many top guys. Wasn't it a couple years ago they tried to get the relieved for s possible draft pick from army for a LB and he was denied?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

There is no tuition at the service academies. But you need to complete a certain number of years of service after graduation.

Joe Schreiber was named to the Startribune All-Metro Team

School: Eden Prairie | Grade: Senior | Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 285 | Position: Offensive lineman

Tough-as-nails leader of the Eagles’ line. Excellent technique. Called by Mike Grant his “best center in 25 years.” North Dakota State-bound.
    http://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_ar...rrer_id=338086

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This quote needs to be noted from Bud's son who has coached a ton of great players.

Called by Mike Grant his “best center in 25 years.

According to his twitter feed he is leaving the program, heading to Iowa Western.

Screenshot_20200101-195652_Twitter.jpg