Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Default Re: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

I'm okay with NMSU and Grand Canyon as well.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

NMSU would be great. Not a lot of options. Summit should look west with Iupui leaving. Cant be too picky on geography at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NMSU would be great. Not a lot of options. Summit should look west with Iupui leaving. Cant be too picky on geography at this point.
    Absolutely. It's basically a race to see which conference collapses first it's either us or The WAC. We both have 8 schools. Fort Wayne is obviously gone some day so that's 7. Omaha if they have success will be a prime target. ORU is on an island. I would go south west and even into Texas to divide the conference into 2 areas

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking Re: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Minot State.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

New Mexico State is the best school in the WAC but has the worst fit for the Summit league geographically. I think UMKC and UND will have to be the 2 additions they are the best geographic foot print. I am not sure what else to do. Summit League has been solid for NDSU and Sioux Falls is a great tournament location. I hate Utah Valley remember the horrible game NDSU had there and afterwards Saul said he would never visit UVU as NDSU's head coach, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    New Mexico State is the best school in the WAC but has the worst fit for the Summit league geographically. I think UMKC and UND will have to be the 2 additions they are the best geographic foot print. I am not sure what else to do. Summit League has been solid for NDSU and Sioux Falls is a great tournament location. I hate Utah Valley remember the horrible game NDSU had there and afterwards Saul said he would never visit UVU as NDSU's head coach, I agree.
    Yeah but there are enough schools out there to create a southern division

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Augustana.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ps- NDSU needs out of this dumpster fire, losing 2 teams to the crap horizon? wow. The Summit is imploding, the MVC wont allow NDSU into their conference, yet we Subsidize their Football league!

time for NDSU to move , this is embarassing.
    I would press MVC hard ... maybe even up to a take us or we leave MVC Football.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Augustana.
    What does this add? More TV's more regional coverage? The SF market? No on all accounts.

Why not go after Mankato or St. Cloud? At least they are bigger markets closer the Twin Cities.

The Summit (and MVFC) is not a power conference.

TV sets/markets don't matter.

It's geography and stability. And to some extent mbb rpi.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."