Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Default Re: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    100 miles is almost an hour and a half drive so 50 miles or less would be a better gauge. An hour + drive or longer is not dense. Only you are.
    I'm not the one who originally used the 100 mile radius as the parameter you are.

#Fargoisaremoteoutpost

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    And if you draw a 100 mile radius around Laramie the population is 1,066,661. Funny how all the places Bisonville likes to rag on are all more densely populated than Fargo.
    You must be talking about all the people that live in between Laramie and Casper. Draw a 100 mile radius around Fargo in the summer and you'll be counting lakes country just like you're counting all the Rocky mountain high clowns south of you. Draw a twenty mile radius around Laramie in the middle of the summer and you might have 1,066,661 tumble weeds.

Lardsin must go!

Highest point outside of Laramie is Medicine Bow Peak in the Snowy Range, a part of the Medicine Bow Mountains, about 35 miles west of Laramie, Wyoming. It lies within Medicine Bow National Forest and is the highest point in southern Wyoming. The summit lies in extreme western Albany County, but the mountain's lower reaches stretch westward into eastern Carbon County. The summit is more than 12,013 feet (3,661 m) high and is visible from Snowy Range Pass, elevation 10,847 ft (3,300 m), on Wyoming Highway 130, a Wyoming Scenic Byway. The most commonly used trail to the peak is a four-mile hike featuring switch-backs and a great deal of loose rock. The trails to the peak are usually open from early June to mid October.

Highest point outside of Fargo is what maybe a pile of sugar beets.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    100 miles is almost an hour and a half drive so 50 miles or less would be a better gauge. An hour + drive or longer is not dense. Only you are.

Fargo Moorhead is the center of the population

50 mile radius

Fargo 252,672

Laramie 134,654 (includes Fort Collins and Boulder hour drive and 2 hour drive. If you've ever been there it's one of the toughest places ever to get to)

Brookings 157,070 (hour drive to Sioux Falls which is most of the population)

Vermilion - 301,025 (hour drive to Sioux Falls)

Sorry bro but when you need to drive an hour to get something to eat other than Taco Johns or Applebees, good medical care, concerts, bars, shopping and entertainment, your quality of life kind of sucks. Of course Fargo Moorhead has more of that stuff than all 3 little towns combined. Heck Grand Forks is a better place
    Hmmm, can't imagine where the Imperial Cass mentality that some people have comes from?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are there any good additions? Or is the writing on the wall about the end of the Summit?
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Are there any good additions? Or is the writing on the wall about the end of the Summit?
    I personally think it looks pretty dark. I hate to think that way.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I personally think it looks pretty dark. I hate to think that way.
    yep, really isnt anyone good out there beating the door down to join, fact is NDSU needs to be beating down doors selling themselves, and yes I know its not easy
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    Highest point outside of Laramie is Medicine Bow Peak in the Snowy Range, a part of the Medicine Bow Mountains, about 35 miles west of Laramie, Wyoming. It lies within Medicine Bow National Forest and is the highest point in southern Wyoming. The summit lies in extreme western Albany County, but the mountain's lower reaches stretch westward into eastern Carbon County. The summit is more than 12,013 feet (3,661 m) high and is visible from Snowy Range Pass, elevation 10,847 ft (3,300 m), on Wyoming Highway 130, a Wyoming Scenic Byway. The most commonly used trail to the peak is a four-mile hike featuring switch-backs and a great deal of loose rock. The trails to the peak are usually open from early June to mid October.

Highest point outside of Fargo is what maybe a pile of sugar beets.
    I bet you have enough facts and fun stuff to do in Laramie to take up an entire car ride from the Denver airport to Laramie and back to the Denver airport again. I also bet I heard the same pile of crap from the wyotech recruiter. Fact is there isn't much to do in actual Laramie and college kids can't afford to go 35 miles every time they do want to do something.

Do you know about the short cut from Laramie to the Denver airport? It's north of fort Collins you can skip both Cheyenne and fort Collins a little gravel road never stopped this North Dakota kid.

Lardsin must go!

Back in the days of the wild west they needed a place to put a federal prison. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I wonder where that was?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Back in the days of the wild west they needed a place to put a federal prison. Somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I wonder where that was?
    The Summit League headquarters?
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.