Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Default Re: IUPUI out of Summit league, who's next in??

Northwest Missouri?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    These are all good thoughts, a handful of which I hadn't considered. But unless I missed something, I think it still comes around to one of my main questions: Isn't the issue at hand less a matter of "who makes the most sense" and more a matter of "who is the most realistic possibility at this point in time?" In terms of what the Summit is facing in the event that IPFW jumps ship and the UMKC/NMSU/Grand Canyon options don't pan out, it starts to get perilous for the Summit, unless I'm misunderstanding the situation. If Mankato and St. Cloud aren't even at the "considering the jump to D1" point right now, it seems like the Summit can't rely on either of them moving up anytime soon.

Obviously there are a lot of hypotheticals involved, including whether or not Augie itself is even ready/able to make the jump anytime soon (which is obviously questionable at this point anyway). I'm just not seeing indications from some of the other nearby D2s that they are even considering a jump. But I'm not super plugged into the Minnesota side of this discussion, so maybe you know more right now on that front than I do.
    I think if you do this "who is the most realistic possibility at this point in time?" without considering this "who makes the most sense?" you get into trouble.

I agree if Mankato and St. Cloud are not ready to consider moving up ... then you move on ... but if they are ready, or if Glen Taylor writes a $10M check or if one or both are willing to cut football - the narrative can change quickly.

I do not like Grand Valley or NMSU options - almost feels like Boise State joining the Big East - a forced venture.

Frankly I would still like NDSU and possibly SDSU pursuing the MVC - just because the MVC said no doesn't mean its over - kind like how I got my wife to marry me - wear her down till she gets tired of saying no!

What about looking to join the MWC or possibly the Horizon?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Northwest Missouri?
    Some towns are simply not DI caliber towns. NOrthwest Missouri state, as well as most of the MIAA are those types of non DI towns. If don't see business and money around town, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Some towns are simply not DI caliber towns. NOrthwest Missouri state, as well as most of the MIAA are those types of non DI towns. If don't see business and money around town, forget it.
    what makes the below DI towns

Macomb, IL
    Vermillion, SD
    Brookings, SD
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hell lets got to Manhattan KS and Stillwater OK there isn't shit there but a University
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post

Macomb, IL
    Vermillion, SD
    Brookings, SD
    Cedar Falls, IA

Hell lets got to Manhattan KS and Stillwater OK there isn't shit there but a University
    Cheney WA. Yes close to Spokane, but Maryville is close to St Joseph. Morehead, KY is 6K. Jacksonville, AL is same size as Maryville

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How far is UMary behind St. Cloud, Mankato, Augustana?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Pretty distant I would say

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Not close to DI, neither Dakota could support another viable DI, not enough in state talent in each, also people think Fargo is in the middle of nowhere, Bismarck actually is.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Macomb, IL
    Vermillion, SD
    Brookings, SD
    Cedar Falls, IA

For Brookings, Vermillion and Cedar Falls, you have proximity to major metropolitan areas within an hour. Maryville, you got nothing. Stillwater and Manhattan have proximity also. Macomb, not a DI town at all. Brookings is close enough to SF to make it work.

Not close to DI, neither Dakota could support another viable DI, not enough in state talent in each, also people think Fargo is in the middle of nowhere, Bismarck actually is.
    If you draw a 100 mile radius around fargo
    The estimated population in the defined area is 628,620

If you draw a 100 mile radius around Bismark
    The estimated population in the defined area is 232,361

https://www.freemaptools.com/find-population.htm

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com