Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm having the same thoughts; very, very hard to believe. Paging Mr. Burgundy. What is the inside story on this one?
    I think the kid likes winners, especially winners that beat every major college program in his own state.

Hail the BISON!!!

Sounds like 24/7 had him as a top 100 prospect in February. He's still a 4 star kid there(91), but the composite is 3 stars as Rivals has him as a 2 star and Scout as a 3 star. It's true he had both ISU/IU offers at one point. Sounds like Texas was interested and Wisconsin was rumored to be close to offering in February. He looks uber talented, so I'm all for that. Maybe a John Crockett situation...academics? All speculation as I know nothing other than what I can find on the google machine.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Sounds like 24/7 had him as a top 100 prospect in February. He's still a 4 star kid there(91), but the composite is 3 stars as Rivals has him as a 2 star and Scout as a 3 star. It's true he had both ISU/IU offers at one point. Sounds like Texas was interested and Wisconsin was rumored to be close to offering in February. He looks uber talented, so I'm all for that. Maybe a John Crockett situation...academics? All speculation as I know nothing other than what I can find on the google machine.
    Has anyone ever used a Bison offer as a cleaver way to hold out for a higher P5 offer like the Huskers? That way, you lock in at a top FCS school, but while sending a subtle message the right offer would move you? (I should have skipped the JFK movie marathon.....)

Has anyone ever used a Bison offer as a cleaver way to hold out for a higher P5 offer like the Huskers? That way, you lock in at a top FCS school, but while sending a subtle message the right offer would move you? (I should have skipped the JFK movie marathon.....)
    we have had several flip the past couple years, not necessarily as a plant but they performed so well their Senior season the P5 came calling. Verbals mean nothing in reality, if he is sending in a FAX ill get excited
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    we have had several flip the past couple years, not necessarily as a plant but they performed so well their Senior season the P5 came calling. Verbals mean nothing in reality, if he is sending in a FAX ill get excited
    I agree. This reminds me of a similar situation last year. We lost good top 3* recruits to Wisconsin . That TE especialy...so wont be excited until it is final.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

kid is legit. begin trolling iowa/Iowa State fans.... immediately!

and yes NDSU will.lose 2 3 kids a year by NOT being FBS...its just the way it is
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

iowa state board says he had offers from both Iowa Iowa st.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/thr...4#post-5739285
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

this would be a signature "get" if we end up with him. Kid is a tailback in the lines of Crockett. Had offers from Iowa State and Iowa. Was patient, recruiting is cut throat at that level. Schools fill, offers are revoked and sometimes the kids aren't even notified. He came to camp. Kid and Dad absolutely loved it. This one is shocking to me. I didn't think we had a chance.

Sort of changing subjects, but trying to help....in the past, on signing day week, when things get really stressful for us, and other schools come calling on our top recruits....well, we now have the December national letter of intent day. They will be notified in August of this date, we will be all over our kids to sign and be done. So, if other schools lose out on kids, they can not come to our kids as they will be committed to NDSU at that time...hopefully we are super hot and waiting for a date in Frisco at that time. Who knows. I do not see how this is not very beneficial to a school like NDSU who is chasing FBS type of kids. Hope that makes some sense and may help.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Sort of changing subjects, but trying to help....in the past, on signing day week, when things get really stressful for us, and other schools come calling on our top recruits....well, we now have the December national letter of intent day. They will be notified in August of this date, we will be all over our kids to sign and be done. So, if other schools lose out on kids, they can not come to our kids as they will be committed to NDSU at that time...hopefully we are super hot and waiting for a date in Frisco at that time. Who knows. I do not see how this is not very beneficial to a school like NDSU who is chasing FBS type of kids. Hope that makes some sense and may help.
    Burgundy, I've been wondering about this. Isn't there a chance that the entire timetable simply moves up? Example, P5 team isn't getting the commits they want locked before December date, so they go after ours right before that date.

Burgundy, I've been wondering about this. Isn't there a chance that the entire timetable simply moves up? Example, P5 team isn't getting the commits they want locked before December date, so they go after ours right before that date.
    I was wondering the same thing. But the more I've thought about it, the more I see that it helps NDSU. I don't know for sure when in December the new signing day is, but I do know it's been hard to recruit during the playoff period all while FBS teams are preparing for weeks for a bowl game so those coaches have more time to focus on recruiting. If we can lock up kids before the long haul of the playoffs, that can only benefit us. Everyone is busy until the beginning of December (FBS & FCS) so no one really has an advantage.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.