Thread: Scorigami tonight got me thinking

Default Scorigami tonight got me thinking

The 47-42 scorigami (unique score in NFL history) on Monday Night Football got me thinking about what scores would be unique for NDSU.

Turns out that NDSU games have featured 523 unique scores.

299 of the scorigami scores have only occurred a single time, and 220 of those games were Bison wins (74% which is good even by NDSU standards.)

2019 featured six scorigami which seems like a lot, but 2018 has eight and 2010 still has ten(!!!) unique scores.

35-9
    31-24
    42-17
    34-24
    43-17
    16-9
    28-16
    34-29
    38-16
    38-31

Note: I took the morning off from work because I wasn't up to reverse-engineering something on 3 hours of sleep so I'm not entirely confident in my data analysis here.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Scorigami tonight got me thinking

I love the Jon Bois video, and watch it regularly.

I'm surprised that 47-42 has never happened before, but I suppose any game with missed extra points, 2 point conversions, and a safety must be a candidate. Particularly with both teams scoring over 40, which almost never happens.

When you say unique for NDSU are you talking about a score in an NDSU game that has only happened once in an NDSU game? Not unique as in never happened in football or college football?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    When you say unique for NDSU are you talking about a score in an NDSU game that has only happened once in an NDSU game? Not unique as in never happened in football or college football?
    I'm talking about the times NDSU games have had a score for the first time. I hadn't heard about "scorigami" until last night so it got me to wondering how many unique scores NDSU games have had.

I don't have access to every score in college football history, but I can't imagine there are many unique scores. Right now, NDSU games have 299 scores that have only happened one time.

I also saw that NDSU also has scored 75 different number of points, including all possible scores between 0 and 66. How did NDSU score 1 point in 1914 against Fargo College? I have to think that was a forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I'm talking about the times NDSU games have had a score for the first time. I hadn't heard about "scorigami" until last night so it got me to wondering how many unique scores NDSU games have had.

I don't have access to every score in college football history, but I can't imagine there are many unique scores. Right now, NDSU games have 299 scores that have only happened one time.

I also saw that NDSU also has scored 75 different number of points, including all possible scores between 0 and 66. How did NDSU score 1 point in 1914 against Fargo College? I have to think that was a forfeit.
    I thought so and that makes perfect sense. This is the sort of thing that I would wastespend my time doing.