Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He runs with great power and defenders literally bounce off his legs. Very rarely does he go down with one guy. His running style is very similar to David Johnson and his skills fit our offense like a glove.
    We robots must think alike. He reminded me of David Johnson too.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I love this, but beating Iowa and Iowa St.? Have trouble believing that.
    Believe it. We did beat Univ. of Iowa and Iowa State.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Believe it. We did beat Univ. of Iowa and Iowa State.
    I'm not sure if it's so much beating them on the field as it is the reputation of the three universities. Iowa State is a dumpster fire and UofI brings in about six RBs each signing class and by the next year 5 of them have left the university for one reason or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

I want to be careful of possible NCAA infractions here- but if NDSU locks down this kid, I am pretty excited for the marketing opportunities his name presents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What are the odds this kid signs on the dotted line? Love to see a kid with his size and skill set running the ball with a Bison jersey on.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    What are the odds this kid signs on the dotted line? Love to see a kid with his size and skill set running the ball with a Bison jersey on.
    If you believe the "sky is always sunny folks," the early signing day will help land these types of kids. If you believe the "doom and gloom" crowd, P5 teams will simply start offering these P5 fringe players earlier when they don't lock up recruits before the early signing day.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you believe the "sky is always sunny folks," the early signing day will help land these types of kids. If you believe the "doom and gloom" crowd, P5 teams will simply start offering these P5 fringe players earlier when they don't lock up recruits before the early signing day.
    Is there a bar with a few alcoholic drinks that I can sit at somewhere in the middle because that's where I'm at until signing day. Seems to just have been a problem as of late and Seybein is the highest profile recruit that I can remember that we've had.

I just don't see how this will change the feeding frenzy except that it will move it up to December. It will give programs less time to try to flip verbals but it is not like Nov and Dec. are exceptionally slow times for coaches. Heck it is going to make those months hell for those guys. Now if this was before the high school season and after camps then you might see a actual change and be able to put more emphasis on coaches who are good in finding talent before it blows up their senior year.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I just don't see how this will change the feeding frenzy except that it will move it up to December. It will give programs less time to try to flip verbals but it is not like Nov and Dec. are exceptionally slow times for coaches. Heck it is going to make those months hell for those guys. Now if this was before the high school season and after camps then you might see a actual change and be able to put more emphasis on coaches who are good in finding talent before it blows up their senior year.
    Agreed. I'm also interested to see how this works with coaching changes. Either firings or a coach (staff) that moves towards another opportunity. LOI are non binding in these cases and the sharks will swarm some kids if this happens. Now they are asking kids to sign before any changes in coaching staffs will happen.

Nice article on Saybein. Sounds like a kid who is maturing and working to become a leader on and off the field.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...d472e.amp.html