Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Saybein Clark

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Game yes. ...before and after the game...the best
    Agreed. Fort Collins was a blast. Iowa City was a good time too.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Colorado St was really fun, they thought they were totally above us, talking shut etc, after nobody would say a word..awesome game
    It's weird, the Iowa fans thought we had a more realistic shot than the CSU fans. Funny.

......"He went up to the camp this weekend and both Saybein and his dad enjoyed it," Heelan head coach Jerry Steffen said. "They are really excited about him as a running back and he will fit their downhill scheme very well as a running back because that is where his talent is.

Steffen said that Clark's strong camp showing led to offers from NDSU and fellow Missouri Valley Football Conference teams South Dakota, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa......

......Clark ran for 985 yards and 14 touchdowns for the 9-3 Crusaders as a junior last season. As a sophomore he ran for 1,666 yards and 19 touchdowns.
    http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...7e8f8ae72.html

I don't know how much of this is accurate, but whatever...

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/why-did-...er-iowa-others
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

My computer won't let me read the article...if that tells you anything.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It is prognostication on why he "turned his back" on iowa. Talks about the FCS and FBS being a more level playing field and notes how Carson Wentz and others notoriety have made the FCS a legit pathway to the nfl. "Location like footbal mad fargo" are viable options for those with nfl aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Generally, when a high school football prospect receives a Division I FBS scholarship offer after a series of FCS offers, it’s a sign that they;re moving up in the recruiting world. For Saybein Clark, it was a sign that he should stick with his earliest fans.

Clark, a three-star prospect from Bishop Heelan Catholic in Sioux City, Ia., committed to North Dakota State despite holding a scholarship offer from perennial Big Ten contender Iowa.

So why did Clark choose the Bison rather his home state’s bowl-bound power program? The rising senior hasn’t confirmed anything yet, but there may be a multitude of reasons.

While we know Iowa offered Clark a scholarship, it’s unknown whether they truly were willing to let him compete for time as a running back, his position of choice. There’s a significantly greater chance that he could get a chance to tote the ball as he does at Bishop Heelan at North Dakota State than in Iowa City.

Additionally, while Iowa clearly brings greater media exposure and a degree of national prestige and attention, the rise of FCS prospects including North Dakota State alum Carson Wentz has raised awareness at the sub-bowl level and made locations like football-mad Fargo a viable option for players who harbor NFL dreams but might not have the size or competitive portfolio to gain attention from the top collegiate programs while they’re still high schoolers.

Will Clark follow through on his North Dakota State commitment with National Signing Day still months away? Who knows. Even if he doesn’t, the fact that he turned his back on Iowa for a chance at North Dakota State speaks volumes about how recruiting is rapidly becoming a more level playing field, across all different factors.

Rewatching Saybein's video reminds of another RB from Iowa - David Johnson.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

I've got a possible reason:

Rushing Yards: NDSU 239, Iowa 34

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    He runs with great power and defenders literally bounce off his legs. Very rarely does he go down with one guy. His running style is very similar to David Johnson and his skills fit our offense like a glove.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    must spread rep... I agree completely.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!