Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    You have a point as well. Also, the center part of this state is going to have hardly any rural towns left in ten years. Only in the NW and East are the small towns still surviving. Shiloh for instance made it to their second football championship ever this year barely beating our a very good New Salem team. When Shiloh goes 11 man they will have a much more difficult time because they will be a small school in that class size.

I am not opposed to having a three class system if it is what the kids want and is what is best for the kids not their parents. However, grouping the privates into one is a little overboard as there is such a difference in size from say an Our Redeemers to a Shanley (I bet the class sizes are almost 10 times as big).

As far as better recruiting for NDSU, Mr Nelson in the twin cities believes Leidner would have gone as high as Wentz if he went to NDSU so maybe its the coaching, purple of course.
    I don’t know who Mr Nelson is but Tommy Olson, a former center for the Goohers and his brother played LT, is the one who said that first on KFAN during the Power Trip morning show. He was ridiculed severely and ended up winning the Preposterous Statement tournament run by the Common Man on the same network.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    When I was in high school most of the private schools were in Class A (Trinity, St. Mary's, Ryan, Shanley). Oak Grove was Class B but I don't remember them doing much. There seems to be a lot more private schools now. This is a common problem in many states and there have been multiple solutions attempted (Indiana uses a success factor to bump up any school with sustained success). Remember private schools have to recruit all their students. No matter what they do the athletics issue will always be questioned. Public schools recruit just as much for athletics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Not necessarily. My family chose to attend a private school.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.

I don’t see anything wrong in what he said.

We played against the same kids in our district from 3rd grade through our senior year. But Oak Grove’s star players were usually kids we had never seen before.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    I don’t see anything wrong in what he said.

We played against the same kids in our district from 3rd grade through our senior year. But Oak Grove’s star players were usually kids we had never seen before.
    You truly have no idea what you are talking about. The focus at Oak Grove isn't sports. There wasn't one kid in school when I went there who was recruited for sports. I wish they did recruit for sports. Maybe then I wouldn't have had to have a summer job (and a work aid job at school) to help pay for the tuition. I routinely get asked for donations and the one thing that never is on the request...to help recruit for sports.

So, this Bartholomew Ogbu guy, how does his future look?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This kid is going to be an All-American or at least All MVC.

I cant believe Oak Grove lost the recruiting battle for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So, this Bartholomew Ogbu guy, how does his future look?
    Is this the right thread for this type of question?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ogbu has the skill set to be great, but he has a lot of learning to do. I suppose other redshirt freshman do as well, but his curve is a little bigger with just starting football a few years ago. This redshirt season will be great for him.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A nice story about Barty Ogbu at Bison Illustrated: https://www.bisonillustrated.com/rise-bartholomew-ogbu/

I'm on the Barty bandwagon... I think he's got the potential to be the next great one in the Emanuel-Menard-Tuszka line of DEs.