Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    THe situation was 100% politically motivated and would not have happened at a public school. bartholomew did not even play varsity athletics his first two semesters and never really played before he got here. People out west hate the private schools when it comes to athletics.
    Nd should make a Private only conference imo
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Nd should make a Private only conference imo
    Or do what SD does and expand to 3 classes where all the privates are in class A (or whatever the middle class is called) with the mid-size publics like the Beulahs, Graftons, and Valley Citys around the state.

I don't think I have ever heard of something like this. Bummer for him. On the positive side he needs to add some serious weight to his frame and playing basketball makes that very difficult. Adding minimum 20 pounds to his frame will take some serious effort. This way he can focus on this and he could see the field faster. When this kid is 240 he's going to be a hell of a player

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

THe situation was 100% politically motivated and would not have happened at a public school. bartholomew did not even play varsity athletics his first two semesters and never really played before he got here. People out west hate the private schools when it comes to athletics.
    I have a gut feeling that you are 100% correct. Can't help but feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Or do what SD does and expand to 3 classes where all the privates are in class A (or whatever the middle class is called) with the mid-size publics like the Beulahs, Graftons, and Valley Citys around the state.
    According to some, 3 classes would "ruin the B" IMO, the allowance of class A schools that could't compete and the private schools ruined the B a long time ago. Don't worry yourselves, Shiloh will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by North End Zone Resident View Post
    According to some, 3 classes would "ruin the B" IMO, the allowance of class A schools that could't compete and the private schools ruined the B a long time ago. Don't worry yourselves, Shiloh will be just fine.
    Yep, it's the old ND mentality that "we hate change" and that all change has to be bad. I agree that it would make "the B" better to not have Bishop Ryan, Dickinson Trinity, Oak Grove, Shiloh Christian, etc as half the participants each year.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking as a guy who grew up "out west" in Killdeer here's my two cents. Situation at Shiloh seems to be similar to what New England St Marys was in the 70s. It was very hard for teams like Killdeer to compete with them when they could so to say recruit. Very few of the kids on their BB and Wrestling teams, who were very good by the way, were from NE. The head of the school, Father, can't remember the last name would go out get kids and bring em there. Don't think a lot of them were even Catholic BUT they were all good athletes. All in all it sucks for Ogbu but I'm sure some area residents are soured by the same things that soured us back then. Also about half of these kids' parents didn't have to pay.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

My kids were recruited to go to private school.
    I got to pay $7200 plus books and fees and my kid got to start on the football team
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Our Reedemers in Class A sounds like a great idea

10 private schools have won the class b state title since 1933. The problem with class b isn't the private schools it is everyone is moving to larger cities. In the area where I grew up there were 10 high schools in the county or just on the border. That was 1987. Today there is 3 with one of those not to many years away from closing. Not all privates are equal either Minot Ryan went from class A to having to petition to play 11 man instead of 9 man football. They are hardly in a position to give free tuition