Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've been wrong many times, but this one smells like a kid who should be playing P5 and fell through the cracks. Thank you again, MN. (I think MN should know by know they need to grab those top tier, ND kids like they did with JJ even if it did not work out.)
    P5 usually don't go after a 6'6 210lb kid. They are looking for kids that fit the mold already. Be thankful for that because NDSU turns these kids into gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    P5 usually don't go after a 6'6 210lb kid. They are looking for kids that fit the mold already. Be thankful for that because NDSU turns these kids into gems.
    A lot of those P5 schools want kids they can "plug in play" and not worry about developing them, at least not to the extent that NDSU does.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    A lot of those P5 schools want kids they can "plug in play" and not worry about developing them, at least not to the extent that NDSU does.
    That's what I said.

I have a hard time getting that when it comes to a team like MN or Iowa St. I'd think kids ready made out of high school are few and far in between. Then, you have a kid like this with a huge frame and sounds very athletic? How does a MN pass on that?

That's what I said.
    Soooo, we agree????
    Hail the BISON!!!

I have a hard time getting that when it comes to a team like MN or Iowa St. I'd think kids ready made out of high school are few and far in between. Then, you have a kid like this with a huge frame and sounds very athletic? How does a MN pass on that?
    Remember these are 2018 recruits. If he adds weight this year he'll get some more offers but P5's already are stacked with the same type of kids.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Seaso...otball/Commits

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Soooo, we agree????
    Apparently.

Not all, or even many, coaches are good at developing players.

I know from experience in wrestling (not at NDSU) that the head honcho who makes the biggest amount of dollars is actually the worst coach in the room, especially in regards to teaching technique.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Can't wait to see what our Strength and Conditioning coaches can do with a 6-6 frame. Kid needs to pack on a ton of muscle but the upside is nuts!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Remember these are 2018 recruits. If he adds weight this year he'll get some more offers but P5's already are stacked with the same type of kids.

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Seaso...otball/Commits
    IIRC Ryan Burns has been posting that Minnesota's recruiting class is ranked 20-21 in the country this year.
    The Gopher's were pleased with the verbal a couple days ago of DE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa Florida,
    6' 3" 245, 3 stars, with reported offers from Oklahoma, Michigan State, Maryland and California.
    (just a tish better than a Wyoming offer, much as I enjoy seeing NDSU win a recruiting battle with the Cowboys.....)
    19 commits so far for Coach Fleck. Hope he keeps it going, lots of talent in ND, Iowa,
    Wisconsin and Minnesota itself for the Bison to give an opportunity to.....