Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Bartholomew Ogbu

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    That's too bad, such an interesting story about a guy who didn't play football until late in high school. I assume it's probably about lack of playing time because he didn't take any meaningful snaps last year. If you remove Valpo, he had 1 sack and 2 tackles as a senior. If he ever had a chance to contribute, it's probably next year but I wish him well.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Hope he finds a spot where he can get playing time and he enjoyed his time at NDSU. Remarkable for a guy who didn't play football until high school.

He reminds me of one troubled soul called , Chucks Amaechi, very talented but could not fight his demons. Barty is Chucks without the curse.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    He reminds me of one troubled soul called , Chucks Amaechi, very talented but could not fight his demons. Barty is Chucks without the curse.
    Apples to oranges for sure. Really the only thing they had in common was being Nigerian lol That's about as relevant as NDSU having 2 unrelated Norwegian players

Barty was an academic honor roll. Chucks wasn't and had to transfer to a Juco. Chucks was born here and had a football background. I think he had a cousin in the NFL and was related to Jordan Champion. Barty wasn't born here and had little to no experience playing football.

However Chucks had a great senior season at Georgia

I think we may have put him at the wrong position though. He was a great linebacker at Georgia and we tried go make him a DE
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-14-2022 at 05:47 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Swing and a miss. Again
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Swing and a miss. Again
    I was lost as well….
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Good luck to him! I had high hopes he would develop into a destroyer but it never really materialized.

UMary or Minot St? go be a star there
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    UMary or Minot St? go be a star there
    Clearly a FCS level player in my eyes. Just could not break through with NDSU recruiting being what it is.

Looks like UNI is his landing spot? Saw something last night but cannot find it this morning. Anyone else confirm or deny this?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.