Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 verbal Tony Pierce JR 6 2 220 DE/LB

Default Re: 2018 verbal Tony Pierce JR 6 2 220 DE/LB

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    JMU
    EMU
    Jax State

that's 7 FBS teams now
    Lets be honest jmu and app st are the only real fbs schools. But good for him. That conference has pretty much moved past the American.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    No matter how good the player is Why would the NFL pay when they can get three to five years of player development and tape for free? Everyone likes to hate on the NCAA for all the issues they have. Never understood why the pro leagues didn’t start their own minors system like in baseball or even something similar to hockey.
    Because it's expensive and probably not profitable. And they have someone fund it for them. That being said, I prefer the baseball and hockey models. Both still have college options, but a key path is minor leagues with great development. The drawback in doing that is quality of play will go down at the college level and so may the interest.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IndyBison; 04-26-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Think a little more positive about some of these guys. It may be that they have seen some of the younger guys looking great in practice, and they know if they stay, they will be riding a lot of pine.

If that is the case with some of the departures, then it is wisdom prevailing on their part.

The Sigle debacle may have changed the way coach is choosing playing time for the younger and more talented guys; a little?
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about Mr. Pierce's academic situation. If he already graduated, nothing below applies.

For the vast majority of players, these decisions should be driven by academics, not sports. Being worried about riding the pine is a terrible reason to transfer for most. If that is the case, you are never going to be an NFL player, so why is football driving your decision making? Focus on contributing to the team, collect your scholarship, and get that free education. A transfer is generally going to put you behind academically one way or another. (Grad transfer have always made more sense for this reason and have less issues with that.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about Mr. Pierce's academic situation. If he already graduated, nothing below applies.

For the vast majority of players, these decisions should be driven by academics, not sports. Being worried about riding the pine is a terrible reason to transfer for most. If that is the case, you are never going to be an NFL player, so why is football driving your decision making? Focus on contributing to the team, collect your scholarship, and get that free education. A transfer is generally going to put you behind academically one way or another. (Grad transfer have always made more sense for this reason and have less issues with that.)
    Pierce wasn't gonna "ride the pine" at NDSU FFS.
    Pierce graduated and will get a FBS offer and I bet he has a great year as a DL starter somewhere.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Worst take Ive seen here except for chapos. JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jalen Hurts transferred because he lost his starting spot at Alabama. Worked out well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Jalen Hurts transferred because he lost his starting spot at Alabama. Worked out well for him.

Point conceded, however NDSU is unlikely to ever have that situation.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 05-10-2023 at 08:53 PM.

Tony Pierce’s latest offer is from Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    His offers are right in line where I expected. G5. Although Memphis is a top G5.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    that's a solid offer. I bet he goes there.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?