Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Iupui receives horizon invite

Default Re: Iupui receives horizon invite

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ok they are still separate entities
    As I originally stated, not exactly. Both are located at the same address and are somewhat dependent of one another. A good example would be Wichita State thinking about adding football with the intent of moving up or leaving (http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...ssouri-valley/):

Kolpack wrote, “Asked if the fact Wichita State being a member of the Missouri Valley would give the Shockers a home field advantage for Valley football membership, and Viverito almost laughed.”

“Viverito answered, ‘It would have to be a pretty compelling case,’ she said. ‘We’re not interested in somebody using us as a stepping stone, that is pretty clear. What they’ve said publicly has not indicated any type of love for our level of football.’

The article continued, “’The politics would become strange,’ Viverito said of her office running two leagues, ‘but we need to understand if the president’s motivation to get to FBS is to change conferences. If they have the appearance that they’re using the Missouri Valley Football conference to get to a place where they can leave the Missouri Valley, then I would say both league’s interests are pretty well aligned. Why would we want to make it easy for them to leave to another league?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As I originally stated, not exactly. Both are located at the same address and are somewhat dependent of one another. A good example would be Wichita State thinking about adding football with the intent of moving up or leaving (http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...ssouri-valley/):
    Nothing you've posted has proven they aren't separate entities. Patty is also a commish for the Pioneer, I suppose you think they are connected to the MVFC too.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nothing you've posted has proven they aren't separate entities. Patty is also a commish for the Pioneer, I suppose you think they are connected to the MVFC too.
    I know they use the same officials. At least the schools in the MVFC footprint (Dayton, Butler, Drake, Valpo)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I know they use the same officials. At least the schools in the MVFC footprint (Dayton, Butler, Drake, Valpo)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Doesn't matter. They are separate entities. Just like running 4 separate businesses out of the same office and using the same staffs doesn't make those businesses the same entities!

What part of "not exactly" don't you understand? If they were "absolute" separate entities, they wouldn't have the same address, run by the same individual(s) and have decisions that are dependent on each other.

If they were completely separate, then our F'Hawker friend that I was responding to "might" have a point. However, I highly doubt the MVC people that are running the MVFC too are going to allow for the MVFC to dissolve so those teams can join a new Summit football conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Mr. Moen,

You are wrong. There are similar arrangements all over the place for businesses and other organizations. This is especially true for management organizations.

Para ejemplo, an entity in Dickshooter, Idaho, could manage both the Big Dicks of America Society and the Organization for Poorly Endowed American Males. They could have the same address, phone number, executive director, etc. But they are completely separate entities (never realized that you can't spell entities without tities!). That doesn't mean the Big Dicks want anything to with the Poorly Endowed.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Mr. Moen,

You are wrong. There are similar arrangements all over the place for businesses and other organizations. This is especially true for management organizations.

Para ejemplo, an entity in Dickshooter, Idaho, could manage both the Big Dicks of America Society and the Organization for Poorly Endowed American Males. They could have the same address, phone number, executive director, etc. But they are completely separate entities (never realized that you can't spell entities without tities!). That doesn't mean the Big Dicks want anything to with the Poorly Endowed.
    Sorry, I lost interest at Dickshooter.

If you guys absolutely don't believe that the MVC isn't pulling some strings in the MVFC and has some influence on its decision-making, then go ahead and keep dreaming about The Summit sponsoring football. BTW, The Summit at one time did have football when it was known as the AMCU. Unfortunately, the conference would lose its teams to other conferences. One of those conferences taking in AMCU's teams was the Gateway Football Conference, which is, of course, now known as the MVFC.
    Hail the BISON!!!

What part of "not exactly" don't you understand? If they were "absolute" separate entities, they wouldn't have the same address, run by the same individual(s) and have decisions that are dependent on each other.

If they were completely separate, then our F'Hawker friend that I was responding to "might" have a point. However, I highly doubt the MVC people that are running the MVFC too are going to allow for the MVFC to dissolve so those teams can join a new Summit football conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's either they are separate entities or they are not, there is no "not exactly" about it. The MVFC is controlled by the schools in it, some of which hale from the MVC and some from the Summit. The management of the MVC gives zero shits about the MVFC just as the Summit does, the Wichita State deal is nonsense because none of the MVFC schools were going to allow them to use it as a stepping stone to FBS.

And your wrong about the second part, the company I work for has 5 separate entities operating from the same office with the same management. Just because they are run by the same people and do business with each other does not mean they are not separate entities. Your "not exactly" and "absolute" are meaningless in the context of separate entities.

It's either they are separate entities or they are not, there is no "not exactly" about it. The MVFC is controlled by the schools in it, some of which hale from the MVC and some from the Summit. The management of the MVC gives zero shits about the MVFC just as the Summit does, the Wichita State deal is nonsense because none of the MVFC schools were going to allow them to use it as a stepping stone to FBS.
    That is not true. I don't know how many Scheiße are exactly given, but it's isn't zero. If both entities had total separate administrations and no-crossovers, then yes, I could see it. But those serving both care about their paychecks, and hence, at least one Scheiße has to be given.

In regards to the Wichita State example, I'm pretty sure Patty said that WSU adding football was not beneficial to both the MVC and MFVC, hence why it isn't "nonsense." Regardless of what the MVFC schools thought of WSU football joining, the MVC didn't want to give WSU an easier way out of their conference.
    Hail the BISON!!!

That is not true. I don't know how many Scheiße are exactly given, but it's isn't zero. If both entities had total separate administrations and no-crossovers, then yes, I could see it. But those serving both care about their paychecks, and hence, at least one Scheiße has to be given.

In regards to the Wichita State example, I'm pretty sure Patty said that WSU adding football was not beneficial to both the MVC and MFVC, hence why it isn't "nonsense." Regardless of what the MVFC schools thought of WSU football joining, the MVC didn't want to give WSU an easier way out of their conference.
    What you seem to not be able to comprehend is that Patty doesn't control the MVFC, the member institutions control it just like the members of the MVC control the MVC and the Summit members control the Summit.