Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Iupui receives horizon invite

Default Re: Iupui receives horizon invite

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    There was an article out of KC not too long ago that said travel in the WAC was killing them and they need to pursue Midwest options. With Chicago State on its deathbed they are going to be way out on an island.
    That would make the most sense is adding UMKC to replace IUPUI and then if IPFW goes next year see if we can get Northern Colorado if the Big Sky would allow them to remain football only.

Travel partners under that scenario wouldn't be too bad, although WIU would be on a bit of an island then.

NDSU/UND
    SDSU/USD
    UNO/WIU
    UMKC/ORU
    UD/UNC

Adding UNC would be good because it would give us the option of going Summit Football down the road if necessary to maintain auto-bids.

Does Augustana, Northwest Missouri State or Emporia State have any desire and means to move up to D1? Any other D2 possibilities in the region?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dump UNO? If the Summit loses Omaha, you can just about stick a fork in the conference.
    Take a look around. The conference is already hanging by a needle. Horizon is going to poach 1 maybe 2 more teams next year in their quest to get to 12. The Summit isn't a desirable conference for teams, and fans shouldn't be surprised when we reach out and teams don't want in. UNC? Why would they want the Summit? Their recruiting location is out West, they would want to go more East about as much as NDSU would want to go move west. UMKC and Grand Canyon, New Mexico? The WAC is a better basketball conference, although we may have a shot at 1 or 2 of those teams, don't be surprised if we don't. We didn't kick UMKC out. They wanted to leave.

WE don['t have people wanting to get into the Summit, and we don't even have teams we can really look at, other than hoping some programs make the jump to D1.

Here's the podcast for the interview with Summit League Commish Tom Douple today on Bison 1660

Summit Commissioner Tom Douple 6 - 28 - 17
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...douple-6-28-17

Here's their play by play voice
    PXP Man For IUPUI Morgan Adcock
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...-morgan-adcock

or here's the full show... it's mostly Summitt talk obviously https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2017-full-show

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Take a look around. The conference is already hanging by a needle. Horizon is going to poach 1 maybe 2 more teams next year in their quest to get to 12. The Summit isn't a desirable conference for teams, and fans shouldn't be surprised when we reach out and teams don't want in. UNC? Why would they want the Summit? Their recruiting location is out West, they would want to go more East about as much as NDSU would want to go move west. UMKC and Grand Canyon, New Mexico? The WAC is a better basketball conference, although we may have a shot at 1 or 2 of those teams, don't be surprised if we don't. We didn't kick UMKC out. They wanted to leave.

WE don['t have people wanting to get into the Summit, and we don't even have teams we can really look at, other than hoping some programs make the jump to D1.
    ORU left and came back, I can see UMKC doing the same. The WAC has been terrible for them, much worse then the SLC was for ORU. I agree about UNC, never really understood why they would want to join outside of the Big Sky not being great for them.

I guess we'll find if anyone is wanting to get into the Summit.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post

The WAC is in just as bad if not worse shape then the Summit. They are at 8 members and a couple of those are on life support. Not sure why UMKC wouldn't be interested in coming back. They have complained about travel since they left and now their is one less eastern team to travel to, not that I'd want them back. NMSU's travel would actually be reduced in the Summit if IPFW goes away.

lol I wonder what all the "MVC isn't more attractive than the Summit" people are thinking now

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    lol I wonder what all the "MVC isn't more attractive than the Summit" people are thinking now
    Yep that's what I was thinking. Yeah it's OK... Until the conference implodes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Same thing I thought before, it's not. When you have eastern conferences poaching eastern schools it is what it is, they want fricking bus leagues. We are better off with central or western schools. We have an excellant core in the Summit with the Dakota schools, just need to add the right schools and improve our own league.

How long is Douple's term as commissioner of the conference? Who votes on that position. Lack of vision is starting to hit pretty hard.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.