Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Iupui receives horizon invite

Default Re: Iupui receives horizon invite

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol just stop already
    So you got nothing then. FYI, read Kolpack's original story about the WSU-football situation: http://www.inforum.com/sports/404944...wichita-states

He has an interesting quote that substantiates my claim that the MVC and MVFC aren't 100% separate entities:

The Mo Valley Football and the Mo Valley are in essence one in the same.
    I have a feeling that he knows a bit more about this issue than any of us posting here (unless if Jeff is posting anonymously himself).

Also, if the MVC and MVFC are totally separate, why are the logos so similar?

Much like the same address and the sharing of administrators, the similar logos obviously can't be a coincidence.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You've gone full Siouxvolley.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    You've gone full Siouxvolley.
    Do you say the same about Kolpack then?
    Hail the BISON!!!

They are separate entities, but, back to the main point (you damned drifters), the MVC does care about the MVFC because if the Summit collapses and say the Dakota Schools join or form their own all-sport conference, the MVC football schools loose their football conference and the consequences from that could be as dire as the football schools leaving the MVC which means that the MVC would have to pick up the scraps from the Summit and basically be Summit 2.0 (worst case scenario for the MVC).

To me it seems like "most" conferences are trying to get to the 12 team mark. When one leaves for somewhere that conference then poaches from another and so on down the line. Maybe 4/5 conferences need to get talking with each other and form 3 "new" conferences. This way all 3 new ones grow to the 12+ teams and we get off this merry-go-round. Olympic sports from WAC (8), MVC(10) Horizon (10) Summit (9) and Big Sky (11) would give you 48 schools and divide them up 12 each. Now that I solved that problem someone else figure out what to do with Football. Maybe nothing needs to be done.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Ndsu needs a new conference now!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?