Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Iupui receives horizon invite

Default Re: Iupui receives horizon invite

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    How long is Douple's term as commissioner of the conference? Who votes on that position. Lack of vision is starting to hit pretty hard.
    I think he has done an alright job, when we got here the league was spread for Michigan to Utah to Louisiana to North Dakota. Now there is a coherent footprint.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think he has done an alright job, when we got here the league was spread for Michigan to Utah to Louisiana to North Dakota. Now there is a coherent footprint.
    But it is shrinking and no real great answers to stop that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    But it is shrinking and no real great answers to stop that.
    The guy hasn't exactly been dealt a great hand, the league has lost schools yet somehow managed to stay solid while continuing to improve the footprint. He hasn't been amazing but like I said I can't complain.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 06-29-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The guy hasn't exactly been dealt a great hand, the league has lost schools yet somehow managed to stay solid while continuing to improve the footprint. He isn't been amazing but like I said I can't complain.
    True, but i wonder how proactive he actually has been, NDSU and SDSU have saved this conference IMO, might even be schools that will want in. Hope he sees them and makes contact, or we are looking.......
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Same thing I thought before, it's not. When you have eastern conferences poaching eastern schools it is what it is, they want fricking bus leagues. We are better off with central or western schools. We have an excellant core in the Summit with the Dakota schools, just need to add the right schools and improve our own league.
    problem is we cant add FB schools, they have to either have a home for FB or BBall only, limits the reach greatly

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unhappy Re: Iupui receives horizon invite

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    problem is we cant add FB schools, they have to either have a home for FB or BBall only, limits the reach greatly
    I hate to admit, but if we have to stay in this conference for a while, we may as well make it our own. That means goodbye to PUFW and WIU and hello Minnesota State. They are probably the only other D2 move up in our region that could drop football like UNO did and make a solid DI transition. They already have a Legit basketball arena to boot and a permanent home for Hockey in a refurbished downtown arena. My guess is wrestling would have to go for them as well though which sucks. On the plus side, they have a pretty solid Baseball program.

I believe with all of my heart that there are bigger things for NDSU out there but we are going to have to ride this out for a while in the NCC 2.0. Our ticket out of here though is basketball. We need more support, more wins, and more butts in the seat. If another regional opponent helps with that, then fine by me. 

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I hate to admit, but if we have to stay in this conference for a while, we may as well make it our own. That means goodbye to PUFW and WIU and hello Minnesota State. They are probably the only other D2 move up in our region that could drop football like UNO did and make a solid DI transition. They already have a Legit basketball arena to boot and a permanent home for Hockey in a refurbished downtown arena. My guess is wrestling would have to go for them as well though which sucks. On the plus side, they have a pretty solid Baseball program.

I believe with all of my heart that there are bigger things for NDSU out there but we are going to have to ride this out for a while in the NCC 2.0. Our ticket out of here though is basketball. We need more support, more wins, and more butts in the seat. If another regional opponent helps with that, then fine by me. 
    I agree, but we are not going to put more money into BBALL in the Summit, had the MVC called I believe some funds would have been directed to the Basketball but we may never know

I agree, but we are not going to put more money into BBALL in the Summit, had the MVC called I believe some funds would have been directed to the Basketball but we may never know
    Why not? We damn well better. You don't think SDSU and USD are going to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Why not? We damn well better. You don't think SDSU and USD are going to?
    The SHAC will generate more revenue. Not only I'm ticket sales and Teammakers donations but in concessions, vendors, and sponsors.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm hoping Douple and the Dak school presidents put the full press on to get NMSU into the Summit. Go after western State schools before settling for small fry.