Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All Fargodome Team

Default Re: All Fargodome Team

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Travis Beck continues to be undervalued. He was the x factor for the greatest defense in FCS history.
    He's not a better football player than Mays Humber or Deluca and was listed as HM. I didn't undervalue him.

As an aside Gratzek and Perry were a toss up.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    He's not a better football player than Mays Humber or Deluca and was listed as HM. I didn't undervalue him.

Beck was never mismatched whether covering a TE RB or WR and had the toughness to disrupt the run game. Deluca is the only LB I've seen better than him overall. Mays was a one dimensional thumper. Humber was really good but not as good in coverage. Throw in the legendary plays that Beck made, even though most of them were outside of the Fargo Dome, and I don't see how he's not in there at a top outside spot. My opinion obviously.
    Last edited by thebigund; 06-23-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post

I would take Beck over Mays if I could only have one...even with his bad shoulder. What problems to have!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Beck was never mismatched whether covering a TE RB or WR and had the toughness to disrupt the run game. Deluca is the only LB I've seen better than him overall. Mays was a one dimensional thumper. Humber was really good but not as good in coverage. Throw in the legendary plays that Beck made, even though most of them were outside of the Fargo Dome, and I don't see how he's not in there at a top outside spot. My opinion obviously.
    I think some players are better at certain positions and Beck was so good he never left the field. Joe May's would definitely come off the field in Nickel just like Grant Olson did.

Actually Humber was solid in passing but I think the best group of linebackers would be Carlton Littlejohn, Nick DeLuca, and Travis Beck. LJ played middle linebacker for Grant Olson in passing downs and was a great tackler In the obvious running downs I would go May's, Humber, and DeLuca.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The fact that TR McDonald is still as high in the record books as he is, playing in the offense that he did speaks volumes about his talent.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Does anyone remember TR dropping a pass?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Seeing how much we can argue about who was/is better shows how blessed we are as fans, especially in the past decade.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Beck was a key cog in a dominant defense, but wow Humber was really good. Humber played as a true Freshman and was gone too soon, not getting a shot at what would have been a dominant bent 5th year. I'm trying to be objective here. . . I've got to gob Humber, Beck.

Fire away, but you put a gun to my head and Brock is my #3 behind Walker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Fire away, but you put a gun to my head and Brock is my #3 behind Walker.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Just talking Bison football performance, not what they did for the brand.
    1) Jensen
    2) Benny
    3) Carson
    4) Simmy
    5) Walker

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Just talking Bison football performance, not what they did for the brand.
    1) Jensen
    2) Benny
    3) Carson
    4) Simmy
    5) Walker
    If you are stating performance, you could easily put Walker ahead of Carson then. Walker was the QB that started this run. Walker was so good that we changed how we recruited QB's because of him. Now most God given ability Carson will be showing that off on Sundays again