Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: All Fargodome Team

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: All Fargodome Team

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    If you are stating performance, you could easily put Walker ahead of Carson then. Walker was the QB that started this run. Walker was so good that we changed how we recruited QB's because of him. Now most God given ability Carson will be showing that off on Sundays again
    True, Walker had everything but height and arm strength. Too bad he didn't have those 2 traits, otherwise I think we would be talking about Walker in the NFL just as much as Wentz.

TR should probably be first team. Think I'd slide Strehlow to slot and have to boot the Magic Man unfortunately. Also Matt Gorman deserves one of the backup corner spots. He was better than all 3 of the HM corners.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    True, Walker had everything but height and arm strength. Too bad he didn't have those 2 traits, otherwise I think we would be talking about Walker in the NFL just as much as Wentz.
    He didn't, which is why Wentz is the top QB in NDSU history. Better than any of the option guys. Better than Brock. Better than Walker. Better than Mohler.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    He didn't, which is why Wentz is the top QB in NDSU history. Better than any of the option guys. Better than Brock. Better than Walker. Better than Mohler.
    For the NFL. We are talking college here.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    For the NFL. We are talking college here.
    Wentz was better than them all in college. I'm aware of the criteria. I saw Jensen Walker and Wentz all play and Wentz was clearly on a different level.

Wentz had at least 3 come from behind wins in college where he made throws that made you say, daaaaaamn. Made it clear he was on another level. Jensen and Walker had larger bodies of work and some impressive comeback wins themselves but not while making throws that dropped your jaw like Wentz.

Who's better? Ask yourself could the other two have made the throws that were required to win the comebacks that Wentz did. I don't think so. Regular season comeback against UNI in particular. That drive defined Wentz as an NFL level QB and the best ever to have played at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz had at least 3 come from behind wins in college where he made throws that made you say, daaaaaamn. Made it clear he was on another level. Jensen and Walker had larger bodies of work and some impressive comeback wins themselves but not while making throws that dropped your jaw like Wentz.

Who's better? Ask yourself could the other two have made the throws that were required to win the comebacks that Wentz did. I don't think so. Regular season comeback against UNI in particular. That drive defined Wentz as an NFL level QB and the best ever to have played at NDSU.
    Wentz vs Jensen. How many times did Wentz hand the game to the opponent ala Indiana St? Checkmate.
    Wentz vs Walker. Walker played on the mythical 2006 team that nearly got a sugar bowl invite. it's tough for Wentz to overcome what could have been other than the fact that he actually made it happen. Again, Wentz is so far ahead of the other two it's silly to even include him in the argument. Jensen vs Walker is a legit argument though.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The 2013 bison roster would be a pretty good all Fargodome team. Yeah you could put a guy in here or there but just look at all the talent on that team.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'll take Carson Wentz. Heck Walker and Jensen never beat the fhawkers.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Wentz vs Jensen. How many times did Wentz hand the game to the opponent ala Indiana St? Checkmate.
    Wentz vs Walker. Walker played on the mythical 2006 team that nearly got a sugar bowl invite. it's tough for Wentz to overcome what could have been other than the fact that he actually made it happen. Again, Wentz is so far ahead of the other two it's silly to even include him in the argument. Jensen vs Walker is a legit argument though.
    1 Wetnz by far (Had a better short game, long game, equal to Brock as a run threat and read the D and called the O better than any of them......not even close
    2. Jensen (Pretty much equal to Walker but was a better run threat)
    3 Walker (I would pick him to be on my team any day of the week)