Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: All Fargodome Team

Default Re: All Fargodome Team

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I also remember the Montana game. Carson could not throw an incompletion on that play and probably cost us the game; Brock did not make those kind of mistakes.

Hate to disagree but Brock had 2 pick 6 throws at home vs ISU-b that cost us the game. Poorly thrown balls to the outside. 17-14, Defense only gave up 3 points. They all made great throws and missed on some bad ones. It is just fortunate we have had the run of great players like we have had. The run is still going to. All Hail the Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    [/B]

Hate to disagree but Brock had 2 pick 6 throws at home vs ISU-b that cost us the game. Poorly thrown balls to the outside. 17-14, Defense only gave up 3 points. They all made great throws and missed on some bad ones. It is just fortunate we have had the run of great players like we have had. The run is still going to. All Hail the Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was referring to 4th quarter, late game mistakes. The second INT was at the very beginning of the 4th quarter, not you typical late game stuff we are talking about. Further, that ball should probably have been caught; it was not a horrible throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWus_3tr444

I was referring to 4th quarter, late game mistakes. The second INT was at the very beginning of the 4th quarter, not you typical late game stuff we are talking about. Further, that ball should probably have been caught; it was not a horrible throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWus_3tr444
    He also threw a pick later in the 4th while we were in FG range to basically end the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He also threw a pick later in the 4th while we were in FG range to basically end the game.
    Check mate; forgot that one.

All of them were great players. Enough said.

Bison fans are so spoiled....

I also remember the Montana game. Carson could not throw an incompletion on that play and probably cost us the game; Brock did not make those kind of mistakes.
    I've always agreed with this. That play wasn't so much a bad play call, but a poor execution and understanding of the game situation. The play basically gave Wentz a run pass option off a run fake against a defense who was selling out on stopping the run. If the pass for a first down wasn't a certainty, he should have tried to run for the first down himself, or worst case, eaten it for a loss. The last thing he should have done was throw it away, but he did.

Now you can argue the decision to run that play with a QB who had a bum ankle, but beyond that the play call seemed strategic enough to me. If that was the intention behind the play call, the player should probably be reminded of the situation. I can't remember if there was a TO before the play, but I thought there was.

The LB list for today's voting is amazing. It must be for former players only, because Deluca isn't on the list, unless his injury shortened season is what is keeping him off.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've always agreed with this. That play wasn't so much a bad play call, but a poor execution and understanding of the game situation. The play basically gave Wentz a run pass option off a run fake against a defense who was selling out on stopping the run. If the pass for a first down wasn't a certainty, he should have tried to run for the first down himself, or worst case, eaten it for a loss. The last thing he should have done was throw it away, but he did.

Now you can argue the decision to run that play with a QB who had a bum ankle, but beyond that the play call seemed strategic enough to me. If that was the intention behind the play call, the player should probably be reminded of the situation. I can't remember if there was a TO before the play, but I thought there was.
    I thought the exact same thing. Play call was fine, and ended up being a learning experience for our QB's since it failed. If it succeeded it would have been a great play call. Over the years, our QB's have not been in too many of those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    The LB list for today's voting is amazing. It must be for former players only, because Deluca isn't on the list, unless his injury shortened season is what is keeping him off.
    Joe Mays at 5 is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.