Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All Fargodome Team

Default Re: All Fargodome Team

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Ha! I had talked so much crap by that point in the game that I got an isur fan finger in the chest when isur took the lead. Carson Wentz probably saved my life with that drive!
    Dude..............you shoulda hit him upside his head with a boat oar.................er...................scoop shovel.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would probably go Brock over Wentz. If Wentz doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat against ISUr in the Natty this would be a non debate. Brock ruled the roost as the NDSU quarterback and if not for one fumble, he likely would have played in 4 national championship games as a starter. Also, at this point I take Beck over De Luca depending on how Nick does this year. Beck was the f'n man.

FIFY ten char

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I would probably go Brock over Wentz. If Wentz doesn't pull a rabbit out of the hat against ISUr in the Natty this would be a non debate. Brock ruled the roost as the NDSU quarterback and if not for one BS call, he likely would have played in 4 national championship games as a starter. Also, at this point I take Beck over De Luca depending on how Nick does this year. Beck was the f'n man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The sickest I felt, bar none, was just before the drive against ISUr. I'll never forget leaving during the final UND game at the Alerus. I just felt so deflated and kept running into assholes who wanted to rub it in on the way out. When Roberson scored that TD, I just wanted to not be in the stadium anymore.

I will forever be grateful to Carson and RJ for helping me out there.
    I was almost the exact opposite with ISUr. When they got the ball I was sick, but then when Roberson scored on the big run the first words out of my mouth were "They left Carson too much time". From then on, there was no doubt.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    1. No one has an arm like Wentz.
    2. No one could see the field like Walker.
    3. No one could manage the game like Jensen.
    This sums up why I put Walker at 2. I automatically put the most game manager like down the list over the gunslingers.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    1. No one has an arm like Wentz.
    2. No one could see the field like Walker.
    3. No one could manage the game like Jensen.
    No one could option like Bentrim. IMHO
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great discussion on QBs. While I have to go with Brock, I found the arguments for Carson very compelling. I loved Walker, but his is limited due to no PO's.

The managing the game thing with Brock was 100% correct. His 4th quarter moxy was actually better than even Carson. (Even with Carson's two, crazy comebacks.) Remember, Brock also had two crazy comebacks with George South and K St. On top of that, to the day I die, I doubt I'll see a QB better at knowing how to milk a clock in the 4th quarter. He never snapped the ball until 2 or less seconds on the play clock which likely contributed to other close victories. That is a heads up gamer.

Keep in mind, too, that this was a fictional team. I was not picking guys necessarily based on their accomplishments, but on their talent and ability. It's hard for me to take Brock Jensen over Carson Wentz or Travis Beck over Nick DeLuca in a one game spot. DeLuca and Wentz are just working with more tools.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great discussion on QBs. While I have to go with Brock, I found the arguments for Carson very compelling. I loved Walker, but his is limited due to no PO's.

The managing the game thing with Brock was 100% correct. His 4th quarter moxy was actually better than even Carson. (Even with Carson's two, crazy comebacks.) Remember, Brock also had two crazy comebacks with George South and K St. On top of that, to the day I die, I doubt I'll see a QB better at knowing how to milk a clock in the 4th quarter. He never snapped the ball until 2 or less seconds on the play clock which likely contributed to other close victories. That is a heads up gamer.
    For me I think about Wentz's comeback against Ill St. Brock wouldn't have made that comeback...because we never would have went behind. We failed to get the 1st downs to finish off the game. We would have gotten them with Brock.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    For me I think about Wentz's comeback against Ill St. Brock wouldn't have made that comeback...because we never would have went behind. We failed to get the 1st downs to finish off the game. We would have gotten them with Brock.
    I also remember the Montana game. Carson could not throw an incompletion on that play and probably cost us the game; Brock did not make those kind of mistakes.