Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best day for verbals in NDSU history?

Default Best day for verbals in NDSU history?

I don't remember a day with four SIX 6+ verbals - especially not in the summer.

Can you?

I do remember that Wurzbacher and Roehl signed on the same day, but that's about it.
    Last edited by tony; 06-28-2017 at 05:23 PM.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Best day for verbals in NDSU history?

Ditto Tony, I believe this is unprecedented. The coaches have nailed it so far this year. Welcome to Bartholomew, Mitchell, James and Tony. I always assume every new Bison will be meeting NFL
    scouts down the road.

I believe it was 12/20/2014 (the day after the 35-3 beatdown of SHSU in the 2014 national semifinals) that there were 3 pretty big verbals (at least we thought so at the time) all on the same day. I'm thinking it was Trenton Mooney, Demaris Purifoy, and Bruce Anderson. That's the only thing close to today that I can remember.

Some pretty impressive offer lists amongst these guys as well. Based on what Scout has (and what Izzo tweeted for Ogbu's offers) these are the schools that were told "thanks but no thanks" in favor of the Bison today:

Brown (Kaczor)
    Columbia (Kaczor and Kartes)
    Holy Cross (Kartes)
    Illinois St (Enz)
    Indiana St (Enz and Kartes)
    Jacksonville St (Pierce)
    Liberty (Obgu)
    Montana St (Kartes and Pierce)
    SDSU (Enz, Kaczor, and Ogbu)
    SIU (Pierce)
    Tennessee St (Pierce)
    UND (Enz and Ogbu)
    UNI (Enz, Kartes, and Ogbu)
    USD (Kartes and Nohava)
    UT San Antonio (Pierce)
    WIU (Enz)
    Wyoming (Ogbu)
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 06-27-2017 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Updated with Enz and Nohova

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not done yet...

We now have 4 of the top 23 players in the state of Minnesota. Tre Lance (6), Phoenix Sproles (12), J. Kaczor (15) and Kartes (16)

Throw in the top player in ND who is 6-6 and my personal favorite the DE from Florida (Pierce) and hell yeah it's a good start to recruiting!
    http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Foo...chool&State=MN

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Not done yet...
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We now have 4 of the top 23 players in the state of Minnesota. Tre Lance (6), Phoenix Sproles (12), J. Kaczor (15) and Kartes (16)

Throw in the top player in ND who is 6-6 and my personal favorite the DE from Florida (Pierce) and hell yeah it's a good start to recruiting!
    http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Foo...chool&State=MN
    PJ Fleck might be better than Tim Brewster.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 today now is what the coaches are tweeting. One from Wisconsin and one from Iowa still unannounced.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    6 today now is what the coaches are tweeting. One from Wisconsin and one from Iowa still unannounced.
    Iowa---Nolan Bell?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."