Thread: 2018 Verbal: Phoenix Sproles

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Phoenix Sproles

he's in Entz/Roehl doghouse.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    He should be! What has he done in his time here? NOTHING!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    He should be! What has he done in his time here? NOTHING!!!!!
    You are so very right, at least for the most part. He did have one big play in the JMU championship game IIRC. Have to give him that.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

On or off the field stuff? Let's the grandma report. Sproles hasn't done anything yet this season receiving-wise...at least of consequence. Our first FBS game in forever, and Sproles produces nothing. I don't expect him to make the NFL...but I would have thought he was going to have some impact on the game.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Sproles isnt a superstar but he's a solid player at wr. He also contributes in the run game as a solid perimeter and down field blocker. How much Bville bags on him is kinda disheartening in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Sproles isnt a superstar but he's a solid player at wr. He also contributes in the run game as a solid perimeter and down field blocker. How much Bville bags on him is kinda disheartening in my opinion.

... and passing game similarly. I admit I have not been watching closely this year but I do recall in prior years seeing him engaged with a DB downfield on numerous extended plays. In all those cases he has been effective at reducing the defense to 10 men. I assume he is doing that this year but as I say I have not been watching for that.

He may also my be very effective at clearing out a space where a TE or RB might then complete a catch...

Northern Illinois Navy Wyoming great FBS offers!
    Would Chapo say the same thing in 2022……?!

He does a good job blocking...not questioning that at all. But, as the most experienced receiver on the roster...he has to make an impact in the passing game. It was like he wasn't even there. I didn't think Mathis was going to do much, but I expected Sproles to figure into the gameplan.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    He does a good job blocking...not questioning that at all. But, as the most experienced receiver on the roster...he has to make an impact in the passing game. It was like he wasn't even there. I didn't think Mathis was going to do much, but I expected Sproles to figure into the gameplan.
    Yes. So far though we've had two blowouts vs lower programs and one FBS game where I think it's clear the game plan was to limit mistakes by limiting passing game. It's too early to freak out about Sproles or anyone else this season. I'm just appreciative of players at the Diva position of WR willing to play their part on a run heavy team like NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

His star shined so bright early in his career. Regardless of why, he just hasn't been the same player after his injury and taking off the COVID season.