Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Phoenix Sproles

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Phoenix Sproles

Im somewhere greater than an average fan, but much less than a fanatic so excuse me if this sounds dumb... But how good is phoenix? Glad to have him wearing green but is he like all conference good? all american good? NFL draft good? I can only think of the Trey bomb at target field and the reverse in the JMU championship game as touchdowns off the top of my head... how important is he to our success?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    Im somewhere greater than an average fan, but much less than a fanatic so excuse me if this sounds dumb... But how good is phoenix? Glad to have him wearing green but is he like all conference good? all american good? NFL draft good? I can only think of the Trey bomb at target field and the reverse in the JMU championship game as touchdowns off the top of my head... how important is he to our success?
    It is hard to say for me, because he only played a minimal role when he first arrived and he has been injured on and off for the last year or two. I don’t think he would have been draftable this year. If he has a good year next year, then I think he could be a priority free agent type of guy. Seems like he has skills, but he hasn’t really had the opportunity to fully showcase them. Just my ignorant opinion based on what I’ve seen.

The main skill of any particular "skill player" is not necessarily the most valuable asset they possess for the success of the team.

If Phoenix wants in the NFL. he needs to return kicks and be a slot player that catches alot of balls & is shifty.

in a spread offense Sproles gets 60-70 catches.
    in ndsu Tyler roehls offense he night get 30-40 max
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Very important to the team's TikTak success.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

He made clutch catches in the semi's against JMU. He's also a very good downfield blocker. He's a solid receiver at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He made clutch catches in the semi's against JMU. He's also a very good downfield blocker. He's a solid receiver at NDSU.

Just a shade or two better than "very good" IMHO.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Just a shade or two better than "very good" IMHO.
    You bet. I agree. I don't think he gets as much credit for it as he could since it is so often happening off screen. Trevor Gebhart (sp?) was a spectacular downfield blocker and I think PS is close to that level.
    Insert something clever here...

how will Phoenix be without Watson & Lance gone his 2 best buddies? I think we need to treat him like cooper kupp and get him the ball a ton in the flats and let him go.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?