Thread: 2017-18 Bison Wrestling Schedule

Default 2017-18 Bison Wrestling Schedule

Coach Garnett has been posting out there some nuggets about next season's schedule. I was in Fargo over this past weekend and gained a little more insight to next year's schedule and let me say that I am sorry that I can't post anything yet because some duals and tournaments have not officially been inked as of yet but I will say this, Coach Garnett is not over hyping it. When this bad fella gets released if your not stoked about this schedule then you're not a Bison Wrestling Fan.

When I see and hear who is potentially on this schedule I can't wait for the season to get started, although from a personal standpoint it is bitter sweet since it will start of the last year my son will be wrestling. After 18 straight years of watching him and his brothers wrestle after this season it will all be over and that my friends is a strange feeling but until then Go Bison!!!!

Default Re: 2017-18 Bison Wrestling Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post

When I see and hear who is potentially on this schedule I can't wait for the season to get started, although from a personal standpoint it is bitter sweet since it will start of the last year my son will be wrestling. After 18 straight years of watching him and his brothers wrestle after this season it will all be over and that my friends is a strange feeling but until then Go Bison!!!!
    I look forward to seeing Clay close this season out in style.

Since Coach Garrett dropped these last night on the NDHeadlock podcast I figured it safe to post. NDSU will be dualing Iowa in Carver Hawkeye Arena and that same weekend they will also dual UNI in the West Gym. UNI is now joining the Big XII so it makes great sense to add them to the schedule. Also probably the Biggest Named School ever to come into Fargo to wrestle OK State will be one of the home Duals we have to look forward to this season. Lastly NDSU will also be skipping Midlands & the Scuffle to wrestle in the inaugural South Beach Duals. That's right Bison fans head to South Florida to warm up and watch some Bison wrestling.

For those interested in listening to the podcast with NDHeadlock the link is below. There will be more to come soon with the schedule, as we now have 15 of the 16 dates filled. The 2017-2018 schedule will be different from past years, challenging, and diverse. Stay tuned.

https://ndwrestle.com/2017/06/12/pod...arrod-garnett/

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cool!

@ Iowa
    OK St at home
    UNI
    South Beach Duels

Thanks for the update Coach. Also, my wife and I enjoyed the podcast.

Here is an update on the South Beach Duals

https://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress....-schedule/amp/

All information regarding the South Beach Duals can be found at http://www.nuwaywrestling.com/southbeach!

I believe that all times listed are Eastern

Friday, December 29th:

Binghamton vs. Franklin & Marshall, 11:00 AM
    SIU Edwardsville vs. Michigan State, 11:00 AM
    Cornell vs. North Dakota State, 11:00 AM
    North Carolina vs. Minnesota, 11:00 AM
    Rider vs. Columbia, 11:00 AM
    Kent State vs. Missouri, 11:00 AM

Binghamton vs. SIU Edwardsville, 1:00 PM
    Michigan State vs. Franklin & Marshall, 1:00 PM
    Rider vs. North Dakota State, 1:00 PM
    Cornell vs. Minnesota, 1:00 PM
    North Carolina vs. Missouri, 1:00 PM
    Kent State vs. Columbia, 1:00 PM

Saturday, December 30th:

Binghamton vs. Michigan State, 11:00 AM
    Cornell vs. Kent State, 11:00 AM
    SIU Edwardsville vs. North Carolina, 11:00 AM
    Rider vs. Missouri, 11:00 AM
    Franklin & Marshall vs. North Dakota State, 11:00 AM
    Columbia vs. Minnesota, 11:00 AM

Binghamton vs. Minnesota, 1:00 PM
    Michigan State vs. North Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Rider vs. Franklin & Marshall, 1:00 PM
    Cornell vs. Missouri, 1:00 PM
    SIU Edwardsville vs. Kent State, 1:00 PM
    North Dakota State vs. Columbia, 1:00 PM

For those of you that were planning on going to the NDSU vs Iowa Dual on Friday NOV 17th please be aware that the start time for this dual will be at 1:30 P.M. per the Iowa website. Iowa has 3 Duals that day if you are interested in seeing all 3.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/schedul...path=wrestling

Tickets for the Iowa Hawkeyes dual are available on 11/1/17. The university set the single game tickets prices at $12 for adults and $8 for youth for the competition. So you can call the ticket office at the University of Iowa at: 1-800 IA-HAWKS (1-800 424-2957) or online at: http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ller=&appCode=