Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro-day at U of Minn locks out local colleges

Hybrid View

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Pro-day at U of Minn locks out local colleges

http://www.inforum.com/sports/428142...a-going-change

It would appear to me that this is a real PR screw-up. Since the Gophers think their athletics are vastly superior to anyone else in the state, why lock everyone else out? Fans in all these state college towns (Moorhead, Duluth, Mankota, St. Cloud, Winona, etc) are usually dual fans of the Gophers and their own city's school. I think this will piss off a lot of fans in these towns and in areas that have sent athletics to these smaller schools. I know I would be pissed if I lived in Winona where their quarterback who has thrown for 12,000 yards (regardless of the competition) only gets seen by 3 scouts rather than the 32 that would have looked at him last year.

Default Re: Pro-day at U of Minn locks out local colleges

They cant go to NDSU's?

I read this and I still don't understand it. Can someone explain this and if it has any effect on Ndsu?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I read this and I still don't understand it. Can someone explain this and if it has any effect on Ndsu?
    Well, if NDSU locked out small D2 athletes, then UN_ wouldn't be able to send down their 1 or 2 prospects.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know why the QB didn't come to Fargo. It would have been an 800 mile round trip vs 200 mile round trip to Mpls. for him. On the other hand how many scouts were in Fargo this year vs. last year,

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They cant go to NDSU's?
    Not sure. If I was Ndsu I would take the opposite approach and invite some of these players. The more players who go to your pro day means the more scouts you get on campus to see Ndsu players. It's not like we have that many NFL prospects at our pro day any way. Whenever you get families of players on our campus to see the city and facilities, that's a good thing imo. It's like a free promo for Ndsu. Who knows maybe a stud player at an nsic school has a younger brother who wants to play college football and his whole family comes here and they are wowed by the program. Meanwhile they are getting the middle finger from the gophers. I think it would be cool to have the next adam thielen at an Ndsu pro day thinking it helped him get an NFL shot. Good karma
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-11-2017 at 04:01 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

the thing about it to me, is it isn't that big of a deal, Fleck said if the demand from NFL teams that want to see whatever NSIC player, then he'd be welcomed...its the 300 guys who don't have a shot or demand that arent invited. Not even sure if NDSU would allow them to theirs. I guess 10 teams showed up to theirs last year and there wasnt any real pro prospect besides maybe an OL.

Should have more prospects/scouts/teams on 2018s pro day. I guess we'll see who shows up from different schools who would've normally went to UMN's

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/sports/428142...a-going-change

It would appear to me that this is a real PR screw-up. Since the Gophers think their athletics are vastly superior to anyone else in the state, why lock everyone else out? Fans in all these state college towns (Moorhead, Duluth, Mankota, St. Cloud, Winona, etc) are usually dual fans of the Gophers and their own city's school. I think this will piss off a lot of fans in these towns and in areas that have sent athletics to these smaller schools. I know I would be pissed if I lived in Winona where their quarterback who has thrown for 12,000 yards (regardless of the competition) only gets seen by 3 scouts rather than the 32 that would have looked at him last year.
    That new MN coach has got the double talk down.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Rowing the boat seems more like a Brewster move all the time. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Rowing the boat seems more like a Brewster move all the time. I love it.
    He is a slick willy. Every time I hear him on the radio I just end up shaking my head. He's a used car salesman.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club