Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Preseason Polls

Default Re: 2017 Preseason Polls

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    As far as the shit hawks go, there is 6-7 teams on that poll ranked below them that should be ranked ahead of them!!! They played nobody last year and it showed glaringly in the playoffs!!! They have to prove themselves!
    Dont know how long youve been following FCS polls...but anything after about 6 or 7 is interchangeable for the next 10 spots. the talent level gap between the top 3 teams and teams 6-16 or 17 is pretty massive. Teams who play in absolute shit conferences but pad the wins vs middle of the pack teams from good a good conference mesh together

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Dont know how long youve been following FCS polls...but anything after about 6 or 7 is interchangeable for the next 10 spots. the talent level gap between the top 3 teams and teams 6-16 or 17 is pretty massive. Teams who play in absolute shit conferences but pad the wins vs middle of the pack teams from good a good conference mesh together
    Long enough! And I agree after the top 3 or 4 there is a big gap! I just have a hatred for that team going back to the NCC days, I have NO respect for them whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not worried about UND's preseason rank. They won't be able to hide behind a weak schedule this year, things will sort themselves out quickly.

Well deserved ranking for Sam Houston. Well done voters.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Yep, watching the 4th quarter of that game borders on orgasmic!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQf2TiwBFHo
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

1 James Madison (0-0) 4034 (134) NR
    2 North Dakota State (0-0) 3874 (19) NR
    3 Sam Houston State (0-0) 3610 (7) NR
    4 South Dakota State (0-0) 3385 (2) NR
    5 Eastern Washington (0-0) 3270 NR
    6 Jacksonville State (0-0) 3081 (1) NR
    7 Richmond (0-0) 3041 NR
    8 North Dakota (0-0) 2871 NR
    9 Youngstown State (0-0) 2658 NR
    10 Villanova (0-0) 2628 NR
    11 Wofford (0-0) 2543 NR
    12 Chattanooga (0-0) 1995 NR
    13 New Hampshire (0-0) 1741 NR
    14 Charleston Southern (0-0) 1710 NR
    15 Central Arkansas (0-0) 1685 NR
    16 Citadel (0-0) 1545 NR
    17 Lehigh (0-0) 1369 NR
    18 UNI (0-0) 924 NR
    19 Samford (0-0) 893 NR
    20 Illinois State (0-0) 876 NR
    21 Grambling State (0-0) 692 NR
    22 Fordham (0-0) 604 NR
    23 Cal Poly (0-0) 427 NR
    24 Albany (0-0) 418 NR
    25 Western Illinois (0-0) 367 NR
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'm not worried about UND's preseason rank. They won't be able to hide behind a weak schedule this year, things will sort themselves out quickly.
    Their schedule is mildly stronger this year. Utah and USD in the non-con, EWU at home in Big Sky. The rest of their conference schedule is against teams picked to finish 6-12 in a 13 team league. Not like that's a murder's row or anything.

Honestly, I feel a better case could be made for UND @#3 than SHSU. Not saying they belong there, but I feel like it would be easier to stomach. Still no idea how SHSU is above SDSU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Honestly, I feel a better case could be made for UND @#3 than SHSU. Not saying they belong there, but I feel like it would be easier to stomach. Still no idea how SHSU is above SDSU.
    Because its the STATS poll and apparently they have a significant voter bloc with raging mega boners for SHSU. Last year this poll had them as clear #1 after NDSU lost to SDSU and kept them that way all the way through Selection Sunday when the selection committee seeded them #5.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Their schedule is mildly stronger this year. Utah and USD in the non-con, EWU at home in Big Sky. The rest of their conference schedule is against teams picked to finish 6-12 in a 13 team league. Not like that's a murder's row or anything.
    Last season in our "cupcake" schedule the pre season rankings of our conference opponents were very poor. As it turned out we played every top 7 team other than EWU and ourselves. Just like every year nobody knows the true strength of a schedule til much later in the year.