Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Do you like this stadium any better?

http://static.psbin.com/8/q/lg7f99d1ueg2si/1.jpg
    Looks familiar, but definitely not as nice as this one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: 3 New Home Games

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Sponsorship is huge in sports. The fact that a G5 school cannot get a major corporation/company to pay for their football stadium's naming rights is a clear telltale that G5 isn't all that great as some want to believe.

For a business major, you should have already known this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You didn't say they didn't have major corporate sponsors, you said they had "boring" ones. Regardless, nothing says lit like the Realtruck.com red zone at Gate City Bank Field in a city owned stadium called the Fargodome.

Notre Dame Stadium
    DKR Stadium
    Ohio Stadium
    Michigan Stadium
    ....... need I go on?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You didn't say they didn't have major corporate sponsors, you said they had "boring" ones. Regardless, nothing says lit like the Realtruck.com red zone at Gate City Bank Field in a city owned stadium called the Fargodome.

Notre Dame Stadium
    DKR Stadium
    Ohio Stadium
    Michigan Stadium
    ....... need I go on?
    Compare the corporate sponsors between FCS and G5. See a difference? No. Why? Because G5 isn't really that more attractive than FCS schools, and hence, another reason why I don't understand the desire of some here want NDSU to be there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Compare the corporate sponsors between FCS and G5. See a difference? No. Why? Because G5 isn't really that more attractive than FCS schools, and hence, another reason why I don't understand the desire of some here want NDSU to be there.
    So because Akron doesnt have attractive sponsors(we only know this because of one pic on the internet), but 25 other G5 others could, makes you want to stay? Even though where NDSU is in FCS guarantees no attractive sponsors? Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    So because Akron doesnt have attractive sponsors(we only know this because of one pic on the internet), but 25 other G5 others could, makes you want to stay? Even though where NDSU is in FCS guarantees no attractive sponsors? Gotcha
    If I make it to other G5 schools, I take pictures there to prove my point. Unfortunately, we don't have many major events at G5 schools.

Next week, I'm back Lincoln, NE, and we already know what kind of FU money they have due to being a P5 school. After that, I'll be in Fargo, which from what I've seen, attracts just as good, if not better, sponsorships than G5/Mid-Major schools I've seen.

If you go back and read what I wrote about the conversation I had with an Akron official a few days ago in regards to G5 schools are starting to struggle to get money games from P5, there really is no reason to move up, unless you think watching the Bison play in the "Motor City Bowl" or the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" are super-cool.
    Hail the BISON!!!

If I make it to other G5 schools, I take pictures there to prove my point. Unfortunately, we don't have many major events at G5 schools.

Next week, I'm back Lincoln, NE, and we already know what kind of FU money they have due to being a P5 school. After that, I'll be in Fargo, which from what I've seen, attracts just as good, if not better, sponsorships than G5/Mid-Major schools I've seen.

If you go back and read what I wrote about the conversation I had with an Akron official a few days ago in regards to G5 schools are starting to struggle to get money games from P5, there really is no reason to move up, unless you think watching the Bison play in the "Motor City Bowl" or the "Famous Idaho Potato Bowl" are super-cool.
    Of course Chrissy boy nobody on this message board should want to move up to G5 just because you say so. Stagnation is wonderful. No growth in stadium capacity for the foreseeable future. No growth in tailgating, in fact if the convention center is built next to the Fargodome the tailgating area will be reduced. Seems the good old boys in charge have no balls to grow the program. Just want to ride the crest until the wave crashes.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Schedule West Point or Navy. Might not get a home and home...but Annapolis on a Saturday for football is pretty darn special.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Of course Chrissy boy nobody on this message board should want to move up to G5 just because you say so. Stagnation is wonderful. No growth in stadium capacity for the foreseeable future. No growth in tailgating, in fact if the convention center is built next to the Fargodome the tailgating area will be reduced. Seems the good old boys in charge have no balls to grow the program. Just want to ride the crest until the wave crashes.
    Chrissy? What are you, twelve?

Now that's what I call stagnation.

By the way, all the problems you just mention don't go away if NDSU moves to G5. They're just as stunted as the top FCS teams are.
    Hail the BISON!!!

IF we are 10000% stuck in the FCS (which the folks around here without balls are leaning towards)

then for god's sakes, get 2 FBS teams a year & 1 bigger fcs team. each year, every year.

Worse case we go 1-2 and then roll thru the MVFC at 7-1 or 6-2 and get in the playoffs at 7-4.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?