Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 3 New Home Games

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3 New Home Games

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Chrissy? What are you, twelve?

Now that's what I call stagnation.

By the way, all the problems you just mention don't go away if NDSU moves to G5. They're just as stunted as the top FCS teams are.
    I don't see a compelling reason to go G5 just to say you are G5...

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I don't see a compelling reason to go G5 just to say you are G5...
    That's not the reason to go G5. I'm not going to rip FCS like Chapo because there is still some great football being played here (reality is that many G5 teams and even some P5 teams would have had zero shot at making it through the FCS playoffs) but much of our peer competition is FBS and continually trickling that direction. Will it continue? I don't know. But every program that leaves FCS shifts the balance of my fandom that direction. More scholarship players, increased ability to play peer programs more frequently as well as more opportunity to play P5 is attractive. Being we are FCS I'm just glad we are an MVC member where there is at least guaranteed quality competition every year.

More fbs attraction and less northern alabama, drake and ferris state. That isn't a compelling enough reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    That's not the reason to go G5. I'm not going to rip FCS like Chapo because there is still some great football being played here (reality is that many G5 teams and even some P5 teams would have had zero shot at making it through the FCS playoffs) but much of our peer competition is FBS and continually trickling that direction. Will it continue? I don't know. But every program that leaves FCS shifts the balance of my fandom that direction. More scholarship players, increased ability to play peer programs more frequently as well as more opportunity to play P5 is attractive. Being we are FCS I'm just glad we are an MVC member where there is at least guaranteed quality competition every year.
    The rub for me on why I have no desire to move right now is the combination for having such a solid conference with true peer institutions, and the mess that is G5. I just don't get why folks think we should jump now as it does nothing to fix the stadium, tailgating, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post

WHO ON THIS LIST IS A GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM? AFTER #8 its a Cesspool . NC Central? Grambling? NC A & T ? St Francis is #26?? haha. Albany? NDSU would 50-0 those teams.

1 James Madison (154) 3850 14-1 5
    2 Youngstown State 3631 12-4 13
    3 North Dakota State 3492 12-2 4
    4 Eastern Washington 3428 12-2 3
    5 Sam Houston State 3067 12-1 1
    6 South Dakota State 2944 9-4 7
    7 Jacksonville State 2776 10-2 2
    8 Richmond 2666 10-4 12
    9 Wofford 2532 10-4 19
    10 Citadel 2386 10-2 6
    11 Villanova 2225 9-4 9
    12 North Dakota 2133 9-3 8
    13 Chattanooga 2091 9-4 11
    14 Central Arkansas 1798 10-3 14
    15 Charleston Southern 1605 7-4 10
    16 Grambling State 1496 11-1 16
    17 New Hampshire 1323 8-5 22
    18 Coastal Carolina 1164 10-2 15
    19 San Diego 956 10-2 24
    20 North Carolina A&T 915 9-3 17
    21 Lehigh 776 9-3 18
    22 North Carolina Central 716 9-3 20
    23 Samford 624 7-5 23
    24 Cal Poly 538 7-5 21
    25 Weber State 284 7-5 25

Others receiving votes: Illinois State (167) , Saint Francis U (116) , Princeton (83) , Albany (65) , UT Martin (31) , Montana (30) , Penn (22) , Western Illinois (19) , Fordham (17) , Maine (17) , Southeastern Louisiana (17) , UNI (8) , Kennesaw State (8) , Duquesne (6) , Southern University (6) , Northern Arizona (5) , Tennessee State (5) , Southern Utah (4) , Stony Brook (4) , Dayton (2) , McNeese (2)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    More fbs attraction and less northern alabama, drake and ferris state. That isn't a compelling enough reason?
    Depends on what kind of FBS attraction one is referring to. Being a G5 team playing other G5 teams and paying FCS teams to come to the Fargodome as cupcakes isn't a good situation.

That is what MAC (according to Akron rep I spoke to) teams are starting to face now. That and playing in some worthless bowl game that barely fills a fifth of a stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Nope. Not for some people. They'd rather play basketball schools.
    College of Business Alumnus

Default 3 New Home Games

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Nope. Not for some people. They'd rather play basketball schools.
    Being that I've never heard one Bison fan say or allude to that phrase, it's a terrible straw-man argument. Even more terrible when you realize what kind of schools the G5 are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Ignoring the fact that a majority of G5 schools will move to a level of scholarships closer to FCS levels once the P5 completely cuts them out. What the baffoons who propose a move to G5 love to ignore is the travel costs for all the other sports. And not just the costs for NDSU, but you think Fresno wants to fly their soccer team to Fargo? If you do, you are one of the dumbest people in the world

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In a word....NO