Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruiting Summary

Default Re: 2018 Recruiting Summary

Anyword on how solid price is? Wasn't he one that was a soft verbal, any chance he gets a better offer? We need to get some young cbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Can't blame a kid for taking a better offer. Just hope we can keep these kids since they are good enough to play at that level. Next man up. The bright side is we still have plenty of time to find the next guy.
    It's not a better offer, it's a different kind of offer. Some kids feel going FBS is the best and most prestigious route but it isn't always the case. Drive up north and JJ what he wished he'd done a few years ago. There's a kid coming in to play RB that gets it - could've accepted an Iowa offer but chose the best path for him to showcase his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I never worry about the guys we lose. We always wind up with winners.
    Yep and more times than not, the players we are bummed we lost don't ever see the field. And many times the hyped up recruits we get don't even make our 2 deep.

Can't fault an Iowa kid for wanting to play for Iowa. If NDSU was in the Big Ten, we're still not going to win those battles.

Next recruit up... The coaching staff knows what they are doing

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep and more times than not, the players we are bummed we lost don't ever see the field. And many times the hyped up recruits we get don't even make our 2 deep.

Can't fault an Iowa kid for wanting to play for Iowa. If NDSU was in the Big Ten, we're still not going to win those battles.

Next recruit up... The coaching staff knows what they are doing
    Some kids choose the label of FBS/Big10 over The Culture of NDSU. Some are enamored by style while others want substance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Imagine playing in the big house twice in front of 100,000 people or the horse shoe. Much different than a g5 or fcs game environment
    Ask Desmond Cain
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Does the 3 football players being kicked off the team effect some of these recruits? Mays well weed them out now.

Lardsin must go!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Does the 3 football players being kicked off the team effect some of these recruits? Mays well weed them out now.
    How much do they really know about what happened? We as fans are largely speculating (albeit I'd call it reasonably well informed speculation). But I would say likely it does if you have a limited tolerance policy to that. One thing I know from experience is that a lot more kids are doing it than most people want to believe. This situation isn't isolated and if we don't hear about dismissals at other schools, then they are turning a blind eye to it or have a much more lax toleration policy. And to some kids, being able to smoke is that important to them that they are willing to risk throwing a lot away over it (again, experience has taught me that). I don't understand it myself, but I'm old and weird that way I guess.

But if that's why kids choose not to be here, then great, let them "weed" themselves out. To me, its selfish behavior that can put your team in a really bad spot if you fail a pee test at the wrong time.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

A roster of about 100 young men between the ages of 18-23 and three are in minor trouble and removed from the team for violation of team rules. That's pretty good if you ask me. Heck, I think the Miami Hurricanes allow one rape conviction as long as it isn't a blood relative.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    A roster of about 100 young men between the ages of 18-23 and three are in minor trouble and removed from the team for violation of team rules. That's pretty good if you ask me. Heck, I think the Miami Hurricanes allow one rape conviction as long as it isn't a blood relative.
    Sorry to continue the thread drift but,

You are speaking about Florida State and not Miami.. You can get away with that and Stealing Crab legs.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Added Dylan Evans.