Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: Trey Lance 2018 QB Commit*** over NIU, Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Some of the competition does look a little slow and blundering, but that probably has more to do with him than them, methinks.
    It's not the best competition. Marshall averaged 46.6 ppg in the games he played last year. Most of the games were over by halftime.

He didn't have to do much, with 15+ pass attempts in just three games. You can view his game log here: http://www.mnfootballhub.com/roster_players/14049069

He probably needs to improve his accuracy, though only one game really stands out as very bad. But with the weather that day, it's understandable (it's obvious from the highlights which game that was).

It's been a bit of a resurgence for Marshall athletics, being two straight years advancing to state in football plus success in most other sports. The 2017 class was arguably the most talented class to come through the school, with a FBS football player (Andries, Minnesota), Division I baseball player (Criquet-Danielson, Oklahoma), FCS football player (Winkelman, SDSU), two Division II basketball players, plus multiple guys who will play in Division III. Marshall's only other time to state in football was 1991.

Trey leads the group returning next year, with the program's leader in rushing TDs behind him. Outside of his starting RB catching balls out of the backfield (19 catches), the top two leading receivers returning caught 4 and 3 passes, respectively, in 2016. So it will be interesting to see how the passing game is next year.

I'd like to think the last NDSU player from Marshall worked out pretty well (Tyler Gimmestad, 2009-2013), so hopefully the same will be the case for Trey Lance!

Sure hope he stays a bison!! he's blowing up

T. Lance through 4 wks
    30/46, 785 yds, 10 TDs
    13 car, 132 yds, 4 TDs
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Marshall HS, with QB Trey Lance, was 5-0 when this video was filmed.
    Have now defeated St Peter 37-7 to go to 6-0. (outscoring 328-20)

Through five weeks, the Marshall football team is perfect on the season outscoring opponents 291–13.
    http://www.keyc.com/story/36522543/marshall-tigers

And here is the video of the victory over St Peter in a game played in rainy conditions.

http://www.keyc.com/story/36542825/2...-over-st-peter
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-08-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Trey Lance keeps getting more impressive. The kids a prototype QB. Really think he'd have the inside track of following up Stick as a Redshirt Freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Trey Lance keeps getting more impressive. The kids a prototype QB. Really think he'd have the inside track of following up Stick as a Redshirt Freshman.
    Between Van Dellen, Hotchkiss and Lance competing for the starting job, NDSU is going to be solid at QB for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Between Van Dellen, Hotchkiss and Lance competing for the starting job, NDSU is going to be solid at QB for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is competition for sure, just wouldn't surprise me to see Trey to come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I wonder if we don't have anyone who could win the job from Stick. Nothing personal against him, but if we have anyone who could play the position better then play them
    um no...........

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I wonder if we don't have anyone who could win the job from Stick. Nothing personal against him, but if we have anyone who could play the position better then play them
    Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    um no...........
    To be fair... that comment was made before the season started. But... yeah... that would be a big fat NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    um no...........
    I mean if Wentz didnt unseat Jensen, not gonna happen. Stick is good.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    There is competition for sure, just wouldn't surprise me to see Trey to come out on top.
    I think Hotchkiss will come out on top
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant