Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance 2018 QB Commit*** over NIU, Air Force

just rewatch the freakin High School HUDL video 1st 3 plays and shut up.. its on the 1st post.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Noah Sanders wins the flow mode... This race is still too close to call.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Noah Sanders wins the flow mode... This race is still too close to call.
    The hair is compensating for the smaller arm in both cases. Im going to have to side with Chapo on this one. Trey all the way.

Lardsin must go!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No offense intended to Dom Izzo, but I think his hot take premise of “QB should have been named by now, so bison must have concerns with Lance” is off base.

I think the coaches are trying to promote an open competition even though Lance is clearly their guy. I think they are trying to respect the process, and that is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    No offense intended to Dom Izzo, but I think his hot take premise of “QB should have been named by now, so bison must have concerns with Lance” is off base.

I think the coaches are trying to promote an open competition even though Lance is clearly their guy. I think they are trying to respect the process, and that is good.
    Exactly. I don't know why the media thinks they need to know everything. When's the last time Dom coached a team?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Exactly. I don't know why the media thinks they need to know everything. When's the last time Dom coached a team?
    Dom's just trying on McFeely's bit.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The QB room seems solid. I think Noah Sanders has committed to being more of a backup as he was a bit less comfortable behind the mic, and he even specifically mentioned Cole Davis. If Sanders is the new Davis, then we are in good shape for the next three years. Both Trey and Zeb seemed confident and I am willing to bet that they continue to make one another better.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't fault Dom for speculating and he may be on to something. In the coaches press conference Entz talked about players making some poor decisions. I think that Entz wants to start Lance because he is physically the best choice but not in the mental aspect of leading the team. He's only a freshman and is going to make some misreads. If those reduce over the course of the next few weeks the job is his. We do have a QB that has seen live fire agaist FBS competition. There is no need to rush Trey Lance onto the field if he needs some more seasoning. I personally think we will win with either at the helm.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Both Trey and Zeb seemed confident and I am willing to bet that they continue to make one another better.
    That's not what I saw. Trey seemed WAY more comfortable than Zeb and it wasn't even close.
    Insert something clever here...

I think Trey will be the starter. And I think they've known that Trey will be the starter since, oh let's say, the day he committed.