Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA T& F Meet

Default Re: 2017 NCAA T& F Meet

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Amazing that every one of his throws went over 62'.

And Matti Mortimore took 5th in the javelin.

Two All-Americans in one day!
    Great day for those two. Great careers at NDSU as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Texas A & M breaks the 3:00 barrier in the 4 X 400!

2:59.96!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

That is flying!!!! Southern speed!!!! lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is flying!!!! Southern speed!!!! lol
    That is faster than Izzy when he sees his ex coming in his direction.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

And that is a prelim. The finals are still to come

Congrats to the men and women thus far. Two 1st team All-Americans with our two men. Two 2nd team All-Americans with the women.

I am a little surprised that no Bison yet this year has had a personal best at the NCAA Finals meet. For the most part, I do not think it is a mental issue - thinking, psychological factors, intimidation, fear, etc. - but I don't know either. At the biggest meets, one would have adrenaline, hopefully in overdrive, but there is a lot that goes into top performance - mentally and physically, not to mention external factors (track condition, wind, weather in general, encouragement from teammates, friends, fans, family, etc.). Edwin Moses is the greatest 400m Hurdler of all time and has by far the fastest times on average if one looks at top 10, 20, 40, or even 75 races. But he does not have the world record because one 400m hurdler - a very good one - had a terrific race, a perfect race, one day.

Good luck today Katelyn.

I hope you are pissed that your Hammer Throw did not go as well as you wanted on Thursday, so you get out there today angry and hungry ... and be a complete animal throwing the discus.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Good luck today Katelyn.

I hope you are pissed that your Hammer Throw did not go as well as you wanted on Thursday, so you get out there today angry and hungry ... and be a complete animal throwing the discus.
    She was on Bison 1660 on Thursday... nice to see T&F get some well deserved media coverage

NDSU Track and Field Star, Katelyn Weimerskirch on "The BrakeDown" Thursday, June 8th
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...rsday-june-8th

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Good luck today Katelyn.

Katelyn finished 22nd. Three throws, one foul, two in the 154' to 158' range. Her best throw of 157' 11" compares to her school record heave at the West Regional of 181'6". If she repeated her West Regional toss, she would have been a 1st team All-American.

So, alas, we were rooting for you Katelyn, but it just did not work out. You had a great career at NDSU.

Good luck today Katelyn.

Katelyn finished 22nd. Three throws, one foul, two in the 154' to 158' range. Her best throw of 157' 11" compares to her school record heave at the West Regional of 181'6". If she repeated her West Regional toss, she would have been a 1st team All-American.

So, alas, we were rooting for you Katelyn, but it just did not work out. You had a great career at NDSU.