Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Season

Default 2017 Season

Alex Renner and Payton Otterdahl have set the two top marks in NDSU history in the shot put.
    Payton Otterdahl and Conrad Schwarzkopf set the two top marks in NDSU history in the weight throw.

And today Landon Jochim broke NDSU's indoor 400m record! When you consider the great 400 runners that NDSU has had, that's pretty special. Marques Johnson, Jared Essler, Jason Breitzman, etc... NDSU was always strong in the 400.

Default Re: 2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Alex Renner and Payton Otterdahl have set the two top marks in NDSU history in the shot put.
    Payton Otterdahl and Conrad Schwarzkopf set the two top marks in NDSU history in the weight throw.

And today Landon Jochim broke NDSU's indoor 400m record! When you consider the great 400 runners that NDSU has had, that's pretty special. Marques Johnson, Jared Essler, Jason Breitzman, etc... NDSU was always strong in the 400.
    It looks like they should have a good 4x8, and some throwers. Multi-eventers as well, but still lacking jumpers and sprinters. JT Butler looks like a nice edition.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    It looks like they should have a good 4x8, and some throwers. Multi-eventers as well, but still lacking jumpers and sprinters. JT Butler looks like a nice edition.
    We have never been a sprinter's program but I wouldn't mind seeing that change. I wonder why that is, it seems we focus on distance and field events...Is it because that is what our coaches specialize in and are the most comfortable with? Is it because it's hard to recruit good sprinters to our region?

There was a class I remember in men's sprinting that was one of the best in NDSU history, I think it was early 2000's....Marques Johnson and Allan Burrell are the first names that come to mind but there were more that made up the relays and those boys could fly...but I think that was an anomaly bc those guys came to NDSU to play football and just happened to run 10.3 sec. 100M dashes.

If only we could recruit sprinters like Dickinson State

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    If only we could recruit sprinters like Dickinson State

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Is this suppose to be a tongue-in-cheek comment...I don't know how Dickyville St recruits these days but they did have some amazing sprinters back in the days and you cannot deny that!

It is really early in the season and two months (appr.) before the indoor NCAAs, but NDSU T&F athletes have posted some pretty impressive marks at this point of the indoor season.

Several people are in the Top 25
    o Alex Renner - #4 in the Shot Put (63' 0.25"). Best in the nation is 65' 7.75"
    o Payton Otterdahl - #17 in the Shot Put (60' 3.25")
    o Payton Otterdahl - #13 in the Weight Throw (68' 6.5") Best in the nation is 77' 3.25"
    o Conrad Schwartzkopf - #24 in the Weight Throw (66' 10.5")
    o Landon Jochim - #23 in the 400m (47.41 sec) Best in the nation is 46.11.
    o Rose Jackson - #12 in the Pentathlon (3799 pts) Best in the nation is 4042.
    o Katelyn Weimerskirch - #19 in the Weight Throw (66' 2.25") Best in the nation is 73' 11"

I may have missed someone, please fill me in if I did.
    One of the rare times in the last few years that men have had more on a list like this than the women.

WOW !
    I am starting to believe the Morgan Milbrath will run the best times of her life in the 400m this her senior season.

She just broke the NDSU indoor record in the 400m by a nearly 0.14 seconds (she ran 53.58) to cap a really good indoor season.
    I think she will go better than the 53.31 she ran in high school when they get outdoors, weather willing.

Congrats Morgan !

Alexis Woods broke 54 seconds as well (to make #3 all time). Very impressive - two on one team under 54.

New Summit League record for the women's 4x400m (Milbrath, Woods, Rose, Andrushko)

Landon Jochim on the cusp of running 46 in the 400m indoors. Darn impressive. He ran 47.07 for 2nd place, upped his school record in the process. (First place was 47.06 ... must have been a great race)

Men throwers are killing 'em. 6 of top 10 in WT, including top 2. 7 of top 10 in SP, including top 3.

And just in case you hadn't heard. NDSU men and women both won the Summit Indoor championships again today.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    We have never been a sprinter's program but I wouldn't mind seeing that change. I wonder why that is, it seems we focus on distance and field events...Is it because that is what our coaches specialize in and are the most comfortable with? Is it because it's hard to recruit good sprinters to our region?

There was a class I remember in men's sprinting that was one of the best in NDSU history, I think it was early 2000's....Marques Johnson and Allan Burrell are the first names that come to mind but there were more that made up the relays and those boys could fly...but I think that was an anomaly bc those guys came to NDSU to play football and just happened to run 10.3 sec. 100M dashes.
    Stacey Robinson, Robert Blakely, John Bodine, Mike Eckroth. Just a few among many others.