Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UD Flyers New Arena

Default Re: UD Flyers New Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Actually, I'm just trying to realtalk. Having actually moved out of the upper midwest bubble, I realize how isolated and small it really is. I love Fargo (I could take or leave Sioux Falls) but it costs nearly twice as much to fly into either as it does somewhere people actually live.

There are practical matters, and airports with more than 5 gates, at play here. SF is as much of a remote outpost as Fargo to anywhere outside of the bubble.
    I love this attitude. I have competitors who think like this, and we regularly outperform their cosmopolitan asses from the isolated, small, midwest bubble. It has to be pretty humiliating for them. But at least they have cheap flights... which is nice, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Sioux Falls, way overrated. Sioux City, way underrated. Sioux City needs to get its head out of its butt on a lot of things but they have been hosting NAIA National Championships for decades now. So they do have some pull. Yeah, I know, NCAA > NAIA. A convention is a convention, it means dollars spent in town.

Anyways, doesn't matter. But to keep it local, Fargo > Sioux Falls, this is coming from a South Dakotan. Many of us don't think too highly of Sioux Falls.
    If you think SF is overrated and Sioux City underrated...where does that put Vermillion?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    If you think SF is overrated and Sioux City underrated...where does that put Vermillion?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Come on don't fuel this stupid argument anymore
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I love this attitude. I have competitors who think like this, and we regularly outperform their cosmopolitan asses from the isolated, small, midwest bubble. It has to be pretty humiliating for them. But at least they have cheap flights... which is nice, I'm sure.
    Garth Brooks just did 7 nights here in KC. When's he playing the Pentagon?

I'm sure whatever industry you're in (something about knocking the you know what out of your mouth) doesn't really matter as far as market size but in the old entertainment biz, it does.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Garth Brooks just did 7 nights here in KC. When's he playing the Pentagon?

I'm sure whatever industry you're in (something about knocking the you know what out of your mouth) doesn't really matter as far as market size but in the old entertainment biz, it does.
    I have a client in San Francisco who would laugh and laugh at someone thinking KC is cosmopolitan. A client in St Louis would do the same. I'll just keep enjoying life in my bubble, dreaming of how great it would be to live somewhere I could smugly judge others based on the presence of a country music concert.

So much better here with intellectuals, isn't it boys?

What, pray tell, is Sioux Falls then? I mean besides a place to get gas on the way to Omaha.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Sioux Falls, way overrated. Sioux City, way underrated. Sioux City needs to get its head out of its butt on a lot of things but they have been hosting NAIA National Championships for decades now. So they do have some pull. Yeah, I know, NCAA > NAIA. A convention is a convention, it means dollars spent in town.

Anyways, doesn't matter. But to keep it local, Fargo > Sioux Falls, this is coming from a South Dakotan. Many of us don't think too highly of Sioux Falls.
    If you can get past the smell and the decade or more of I29 construction, I guess Sioux City has something. What? Not sure. Look, WOW is nuts, Sioux Falls is not this metropolitan area on the verge of pulling in the first four but it isn't Sioux City either. Sioux City is a dump. It always has been, it always will be. Even though they are in different states, the distance is relevant to Fargo (nice, growing, town) and Grand Forks (hell on earth). Sioux Falls (nice, growing, town) and Sioux City (hell on earth).

Oh, does anyone think Dayton just felt the arena needed an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    If you can get past the smell and the decade or more of I29 construction, I guess Sioux City has something. What? Not sure. Look, WOW is nuts, Sioux Falls is not this metropolitan area on the verge of pulling in the first four but it isn't Sioux City either. Sioux City is a dump. It always has been, it always will be. Even though they are in different states, the distance is relevant to Fargo (nice, growing, town) and Grand Forks (hell on earth). Sioux Falls (nice, growing, town) and Sioux City (hell on earth).

Oh, does anyone think Dayton just felt the arena needed an upgrade?
    Funny thing about Sioux City. I've been driving through there for 4 + years and it's basically the same construction.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I have a client in San Francisco who would laugh and laugh at someone thinking KC is cosmopolitan.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This reply really knocked it out of the Dykhouse!