Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UD Flyers New Arena

Default Re: UD Flyers New Arena

Dayton and Cincinnati are basically connected with a population of over 3 million. This combined with 2 major airports, SF wouldn't be able to compete.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Dayton and Cincinnati are basically connected with a population of over 3 million. This combined with 2 major airports, SF wouldn't be able to compete.
    Except Sioux Falls did compete... NCAA cares about $$$, not population or airports. Sioux Falls can deliver dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Thanks for being gentle in your correction. I probably deserved some vicious Iowa bashing.
    You better believe I had lots of snarky Iowa comments rolling through my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Except Sioux Falls did compete... NCAA cares about $$$, not population or airports. Sioux Falls can deliver dollars.
    Somehow I missed the first four in Sioux Falls, anyone got video?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, and Indy and Columbus are only 2 hours away from Dayton.

Sioux Falls has Sioux City and Watertown, so at least they have that going for them.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Somehow I missed the first four in Sioux Falls, anyone got video?
    Gawd you are butthurt. Here's a further explanation since you seem to have a problem understanding basic english words.

Dayton won the most recent round of bidding, and was awarded the right to host the First Four.

Sioux Falls competed for the right to host the First Four, submitting a bid that came very close to winning according to media accounts. Sioux Falls has hosted multiple NCAA sanctioned events across multiple divisions and multiple sports, so this is not farfetched at all.

Fargo did not compete to host the First Four. Fargo did not submit a bid to host the First Four or any other NCAA sanctioned event that I'm aware of. Fargo is not on the NCAA radar for hosting any NCAA basketball games. I heard the Fargodome was hosting a hunting show that weekend.

Does that provide some clarity?

Gawd you are butthurt. Here's a further explanation since you seem to have a problem understanding basic english words.

Dayton won the most recent round of bidding, and was awarded the right to host the First Four.

Sioux Falls competed for the right to host the First Four, submitting a bid that came very close to winning according to media accounts. Sioux Falls has hosted multiple NCAA sanctioned events across multiple divisions and multiple sports, so this is not farfetched at all.

Fargo did not compete to host the First Four. Fargo did not submit a bid to host the First Four or any other NCAA sanctioned event that I'm aware of. Fargo is not on the NCAA radar for hosting any NCAA basketball games. I heard the Fargodome was hosting a hunting show that weekend.

Actually, I'm just trying to realtalk. Having actually moved out of the upper midwest bubble, I realize how isolated and small it really is. I love Fargo (I could take or leave Sioux Falls) but it costs nearly twice as much to fly into either as it does somewhere people actually live.

There are practical matters, and airports with more than 5 gates, at play here. SF is as much of a remote outpost as Fargo to anywhere outside of the bubble.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kind of like your football team, You compete in the playoffs but fail to actually win.

Sioux Falls, way overrated. Sioux City, way underrated. Sioux City needs to get its head out of its butt on a lot of things but they have been hosting NAIA National Championships for decades now. So they do have some pull. Yeah, I know, NCAA > NAIA. A convention is a convention, it means dollars spent in town.

Anyways, doesn't matter. But to keep it local, Fargo > Sioux Falls, this is coming from a South Dakotan. Many of us don't think too highly of Sioux Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Kind of like your football team, You compete in the playoffs but fail to actually win.
    Yes, exactly like that. Competing isn't the same thing as winning. I wasn't the one confused about the difference.