Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Summit League Tourney

Default Re: 2017 Summit League Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Friday @ 2:30 Eastern on ESPN3
    Perfect...thank you.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Well the BB team beat Okie so can the women in softball. Horns Up!! Sooners down
    The women already did it back in 2009.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Do all of that hard work during the season and you get sent to some shit hole city in oklahoma. Poor gals

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    The women already did it back in 2009.
    Forgot that was the place and team from 2009.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Do all of that hard work during the season and you get sent to some shit hole city in oklahoma. Poor gals
    It's the place to be. Heck it makes me want to do a musical.

Lardsin must go!

Attended my first Bison softball games on Saturday. Had a great afternoon and it was a pleasure watching the girls play with such heart. A couple of observations:

1- There was a moment in the bottom of the first inning of the second game that I think got the Bison going. After striking out the final batter in the bottom of the first, the IUPUI pitcher turned and looked in our dugout and screamed. I understand emotions in sports, but I thought this was a classless move and you don't show up another team. Like I told my brother, you don't poke a sleeping bison. You had a three run lead and all the momentum at that point.

2- In the second game their pitcher wanted to work fast. I thought the girls did a good job of adjusting and slowed the game down. Took their time to get in the box. I think later in the game this frustrated their pitcher and took her out of her rhythm. I use the term "her" very loosely when referring to their pitcher.

3- IUPUI fans bitch about every call, every strike (or ball). Even to the point of bickering with some of our more senior fans.

4- These ladies deserve a way nicer facility that what they got. I know softball isn't a huge revenue sport, but it is one of our most successful programs. The scoreboard is old and outdated. The bleachers could use some help. It would be great to do an overhaul and build the stands into the backstop. These ladies deserve a first class facility.

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Attended my first Bison softball games on Saturday. Had a great afternoon and it was a pleasure watching the girls play with such heart. A couple of observations:

1- There was a moment in the bottom of the first inning of the second game that I think got the Bison going. After striking out the final batter in the bottom of the first, the IUPUI pitcher turned and looked in our dugout and screamed. I understand emotions in sports, but I thought this was a classless move and you don't show up another team. Like I told my brother, you don't poke a sleeping bison. You had a three run lead and all the momentum at that point.

2- In the second game their pitcher wanted to work fast. I thought the girls did a good job of adjusting and slowed the game down. Took their time to get in the box. I think later in the game this frustrated their pitcher and took her out of her rhythm. I use the term "her" very loosely when referring to their pitcher.

3- IUPUI fans bitch about every call, every strike (or ball). Even to the point of bickering with some of our more senior fans.

4- These ladies deserve a way nicer facility that what they got. I know softball isn't a huge revenue sport, but it is one of our most successful programs. The scoreboard is old and outdated. The bleachers could use some help. It would be great to do an overhaul and build the stands into the backstop. These ladies deserve a first class facility.
    Isn't this already in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Isn't this already in the works?
    I believe it is. Dugouts were done first and then onto the stands and scoreboard.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

ESPN seems a little confused on game times.

The selection show had 3:30 Eastern.
    Other sites have it at 2:30 Eastern (I'm guessing this is correct).
    ESPN3 shows it at 1:00 Eastern.
    http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?t...categoryId=499
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Great come back by the lady Bison. Heck of an accomplishment by a young team. GO BISON!!!!