Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Default Re: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's enforced by the Office of Civil Rights branch within the Department of Education. Which means "small potatoes" to him.
    Trickles down from the top.
    College of Business Alumnus

Default Re: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Trickles down from the top.
    "Small potatoes" => USFL => Trump doesn't care because he has bigger "fish" to fry.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    If this was NDSU the fishwrap would have it as Breaking News and leave it on there all day. But since it's their little pet it doesn't get the same treatment. Sad.
    This is just a continuation of a previous story. Pretty sure the GFH (& maybe the FF) ran it with a breaking news banner at the time.

I get a laugh reading SS at times. (I only read about four ongoing threads) There are some up there that are so convinced that UND has nothing to fear, and that NDSU is a Title IX disaster just waiting for an investigation. Obviously UNDStarSioux2FanVolleyCity is one of the big ones, but Sic and Darryl have also been vocal for years. And they've convinced quite a few others <coughabc123cough> that they must be correct.

But be honest and look at the two athletic departments over the last 20-ish years. Which one fills you with confidence that they know how to handle a situation like this correctly?

One department hired a beloved football coach to be the AD and then watched as he screwed everything up because being great at one job doesn't automatically mean you're good at the next one up. Peter Principle in action. Then they replaced that guy with a hatchet man who pissed off everyone, became unstable, was forced out after only a couple/few years, and is now barely in collegiate athletics at all. After that debacle, they hired a guy who's career is on the way down and (I don't believe) has garnered any interest from P5 schools. This is also an athletic department that I don't think has ever faced a Title IX investigation before.

The other department(after getting rid of a cancer hired from the other school) had a long-time AD that won a national award during his time and was hired away by a P5 school and is now a P5 AD. IOW, a respected AD on the way up. The replacement is also a younger AD that looks to be on the way up so far(still a little too early to tell). This department had one of the stronger senior women's administrators in DI for many years(for good or ill). Finally, this department had it's own Title IX investigation in the somewhat distant past. An investigation the department came down on the wrong side and learned what the OCR is looking for.

So which department do you really think has their ducks in a row now?

The OCR had 18(?) information requests for UND. I'm going to guess that UND will be able to easily answer about 10 of them(the data is regularly updated). I'm going to guess that about 5 questions will see UND scrambling to find enough data to answer because it's not something they completely keep track off. And I think UND will be up a certain creek for about 3 of the questions.

When the results of the investigation are released, I think UND will get about 5-10 items they will need to change. Many of them will have to do with poor record keeping. The rest will be significant changes to some sports. UND(and UND fans) will say that everything on the OCR list will be things that they already planned to do thanks to the lawyers' advice, but that will be about a 30% lie. Many will be things that UND had honestly planned to do for 2017-18, but at least a few will be things UND did not expect.

Will be interesting to see who turns out to be closer to right.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Title 9 is federal yeah? With the current President, i have to think they'd love a chance to grab feminism by the pussy.
    I fixed it for you

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    This is just a continuation of a previous story. Pretty sure the GFH (& maybe the FF) ran it with a breaking news banner at the time.

I get a laugh reading SS at times. (I only read about four ongoing threads) There are some up there that are so convinced that UND has nothing to fear, and that NDSU is a Title IX disaster just waiting for an investigation. Obviously UNDStarSioux2FanVolleyCity is one of the big ones, but Sic and Darryl have also been vocal for years. And they've convinced quite a few others <coughabc123cough> that they must be correct.

But be honest and look at the two athletic departments over the last 20-ish years. Which one fills you with confidence that they know how to handle a situation like this correctly?

One department hired a beloved football coach to be the AD and then watched as he screwed everything up because being great at one job doesn't automatically mean you're good at the next one up. Peter Principle in action. Then they replaced that guy with a hatchet man who pissed off everyone, became unstable, was forced out after only a couple/few years, and is now barely in collegiate athletics at all. After that debacle, they hired a guy who's career is on the way down and (I don't believe) has garnered any interest from P5 schools. This is also an athletic department that I don't think has ever faced a Title IX investigation before.

The other department(after getting rid of a cancer hired from the other school) had a long-time AD that won a national award during his time and was hired away by a P5 school and is now a P5 AD. IOW, a respected AD on the way up. The replacement is also a younger AD that looks to be on the way up so far(still a little too early to tell). This department had one of the stronger senior women's administrators in DI for many years(for good or ill). Finally, this department had it's own Title IX investigation in the somewhat distant past. An investigation the department came down on the wrong side and learned what the OCR is looking for.

The OCR had 18(?) information requests for UND. I'm going to guess that UND will be able to easily answer about 10 of them(the data is regularly updated). I'm going to guess that about 5 questions will see UND scrambling to find enough data to answer because it's not something they completely keep track off. And I think UND will be up a certain creek for about 3 of the questions.

When the results of the investigation are released, I think UND will get about 5-10 items they will need to change. Many of them will have to do with poor record keeping. The rest will be significant changes to some sports. UND(and UND fans) will say that everything on the OCR list will be things that they already planned to do thanks to the lawyers' advice, but that will be about a 30% lie. Many will be things that UND had honestly planned to do for 2017-18, but at least a few will be things UND did not expect.

I'm not crowning our new AD with anything. What has he proven to even suggest he's in the way up?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I'm not crowning our new AD with anything. What has he proven to even suggest he's in the way up?
    Last year's media contract was a good sign, despite the witch hunt that followed by the FFC and SBoHE.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

I'm not an expert in regards UND's Athletic Department (nor am I for NDSU's), but having two men's sports (especially hockey compared to the other 59 DI schools) that are highly funded and now zero women's is where I'm guessing they "might" be in trouble.

As for the investigation, I'm surprised about how far back the Office of Civil Rights has requested information. I would like the reasoning for that.

In regards to UND posters and Title IX knowledge, there is little and a whole lot of false facts on their part. I enjoy "trying" to educate Daryl and his other brother Daryl about the facts of life. It seems they are convinced NDSU's use of prong three is a big secret that needs to be exposed to the Department of Education. You would think that just one of those knuckleheads would have realized by now that NDSU's method has been approved by the Department. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to use it.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Last year's media contract was a good sign, despite the witch hunt that followed by the FFC and SBoHE.
    I'm not sold on the new station yet. Good content but the average fan doesn't listen to it. Eventually will need ratings to sell any advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I'm not sold on the new station yet. Good content but the average fan doesn't listen to it. Eventually will need ratings to sell any advertising.
    What makes you think it isn't getting good ratings (personally, I don't know)? Plus, it's another way for the Athletic Department to be independent from State funding.
    Hail the BISON!!!

What makes you think it isn't getting good ratings (personally, I don't know)? Plus, it's another way for the Athletic Department to be independent from State funding.
    Only going off the latest rankings from last fall that were released in February.

http://www.inforum.com/entertainment...-radio-ratings