Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Default Re: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I'm not crowning our new AD with anything. What has he proven to even suggest he's in the way up?
    I'm looking at his career path to date. From what I can tell, every job change for ML has been upward and at his choice. He hasn't been demoted, fired, shifted to a less meaningful position, or taken a different job because he was encouraged to leave. That suggests he is still on the upward slope of his career. I agree that he hasn't been here long enough to judge whether he is still moving upward. Next few years will tell that tale.

In contrast, a certain other AD has had three different stints as an AD. Indiana State for 7 years, New Mexico State for 5 years, and now UND for the last 9 years. None of those jobs were consecutive. He left the ISU gig for the National Children’s Cancer Society. And he was moved sideways from the NMSU gig before taking the UND job. Looking at his career, I think he peaked around 1990 and has been bouncing around at that level or below ever since. I think the succession of weak ADs has shown in the professionalism of their athletic department. This investigation will help indicate if my opinions are accurate or baseless.

Default Re: Does this surprise anyone? UND investigated for Title IX Compliance violations

Only going off the latest rankings from last fall that were released in February.

http://www.inforum.com/entertainment...-radio-ratings
    Did you read the story completely?

While Bison 1660 was lowest on the Nielsen list, Radio FM Media Operations Manager John Austin said the online and streaming numbers for the station, especially for game-day coverage, are "through the roof."

"It's a great start for that station. It's just a baby at this point. We have lots of plans to expand that with more and more NDSU-based programming," Austin said.
    The local ratings might not be great for everyday radio, but the internet information is proving that NDSU is a growing National brand. The previous media contract wasn't beneficial to this growth, nor were the bids by other local media groups.
    Hail the BISON!!!

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not an expert in regards UND's Athletic Department (nor am I for NDSU's), but having two men's sports (especially hockey compared to the other 59 DI schools) that are highly funded and now zero women's is where I'm guessing they "might" be in trouble.

As for the investigation, I'm surprised about how far back the Office of Civil Rights has requested information. I would like the reasoning for that.

In regards to UND posters and Title IX knowledge, there is little and a whole lot of false facts on their part. I enjoy "trying" to educate Daryl and his other brother Daryl about the facts of life. It seems they are convinced NDSU's use of prong three is a big secret that needs to be exposed to the Department of Education. You would think that just one of those knuckleheads would have realized by now that NDSU's method has been approved by the Department. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to use it.
    False facts?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did you read the story completely?

The local ratings might not be great for everyday radio, but the internet information is proving that NDSU is a growing National brand. The previous media contract wasn't beneficial to this growth, nor were the bids by other local media groups.

I read it completely and based my comment on the facts of the article. I wouldn't expect them to say the internet portion hasn't met or exceeded expectation because that can't be proven. Positive spin. My assumption is statewide radio exposure has taken a huge hit with the change. This article backs that.

This is all a bunch of bullshit and nonsense IMO. Just typical of the pathetic way things are right now. Everyone has to cry about something. Effing dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This is all a bunch of bullshit and nonsense IMO. Just typical of the pathetic way things are right now. Everyone has to cry about something. Effing dumb.

Yeah i think und played this one just fine
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    False facts?
    Claiming NDSU isn't Title IX compliant is a false fact (yes, I know, an oxymoron).

Hail the BISON!!!

I read it completely and based my comment on the facts of the article. I wouldn't expect them to say the internet portion hasn't met or exceeded expectation because that can't be proven. Positive spin. My assumption is statewide radio exposure has taken a huge hit with the change. This article backs that.
    I'm guessing you have an issue with Matt Larsen (and maybe the athletic department too) that you're refusing to state or you're just negative.

Hail the BISON!!!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm guessing you have an issue with Matt Larsen (and maybe the athletic department too) that you're refusing to state or you're just negative.

I have no issue with Matt Larsen, I'm just not a fan of what has been done since he has been here. I've made many of my frustrations known on this board so I haven't refused to state anything.

In my opinion, cutting more money than what was necessary at UND to invest in other sports is something NDSU would have done back in the days of Taylor and Chapman. If they have covered their asses with the law firm that helped them it is a good move.

Keeping a coach on staff of a volleyball team that sucks and making it known to everyone the coach isn't coming back is something I would expect from UND. That would never fly in a mens program at this school and lets me know where priority is whether its right or wrong. Doing that sets that program back so much further than just one more year.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My hypothetical situation and claims? You're the one who made this statement in regards to UND dropping football, "That would be one of the fastest way to watch a ton of other women's sports/funding get cut."

If your statement had any merit, then women's sports would have also been cut at other universities that dropped football. But they didn't. Why? Because men weren't the underrepresented/minor sex.
    If you can't see how dropping ~$1.2 million in scholarship funds with zero balancing adjustments in an athletic department that is currently balanced, then you are clearly choosing to be ignorant. But you also still seem to be convinced that an unrepresented class is unequivocally the same as the minority, so it is probably just a lost cause.

Do you have any proof those schools that dropped football didn't make any adjustments? Looking at the ones who have permanently dropped football at the D-1 level in the last decade (Hofstra, Northeastern, Iona and La Salle), all of them show their current athletic aid ratios within a few percentage points of their student body ratio. Whether they were out of balance previously or made some adjustments to get to where they are, I don't know. but those numbers are significantly different than where UND would be if they dropped football and made zero other adjustments.
    -Note that Omaha added men's golf and soccer after it dropped wrestling and football, but they also needed to get back to the NCAA minimum of 6 men's sports.

As for the investigation, I'm surprised about how far back the Office of Civil Rights has requested information. I would like the reasoning for that.
    The article clearly stated that information dating back to 1972 is commonly requested because that is when Title IX was enacted.