View Poll Results: Should the LPGA put mechanisms in place to put American women as the majority?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Make it so that at least 70 per cent of the LPGA tour are American players!

2 16.67%
  • No! Hands off and let the chips fall as they may!

10 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the LPGA survive?

Default Re: Will the LPGA survive?

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Another huge stretch and total misquote. I said that I agree with Jan Stephenson who likely knows a bit about it and how she feels about the LPGA and keeping it viable. Perhaps if you get your way then China and Russia will start putting out ten of thousands of state promoted slave players and we can enjoy watching Lexi and Stacy and Michelle just try to make the stinking cut against them in LPGA events (at least for a little while until the LPGA is no more). The Olympics is a world venue. The LPGA is an American venue supported historically by American fans, patrons, and sponsors. And I could care less if anybody here agrees with me, which is another privilege of living here in the grand old USA!
    You've worn me down. Let's build a wall to protect all the precious snowflake American lady golfers.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will not reply to this post again. I will continue to post where I see fit.
    I cannot believe that the moderators allow this racist bs to continue. It probably is allowed because this is a woman's site. Really restrict talent to improve the US Players? Build a wall? If the US players are not good enough, maybe they should get better. Most of them can't putt to save themselves. Their short game is severely lacking. The LPGA is growing because of the influx of Asia money which must piss off mangy. The Asians are the best and the Americans must get better. Reducing talent will not help. Hopefully Amy will improve. I will follow her as long as she is on the tour. Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I will not reply to this post again. I will continue to post where I see fit.
    I cannot believe that the moderators allow this racist bs to continue. It probably is allowed because this is a woman's site. Really restrict talent to improve the US Players? Build a wall? If the US players are not good enough, maybe they should get better. Most of them can't putt to save themselves. Their short game is severely lacking. The LPGA is growing because of the influx of Asia money which must piss off mangy. The Asians are the best and the Americans must get better. Reducing talent will not help. Hopefully Amy will improve. I will follow her as long as she is on the tour. Go Bison.
    Bingo.....
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Our men have only won the Ryder Cup twice since 1999, why aren't we talking about banning the Euros from the PGA Tour?

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    By the way, I can't make heads or tails out of your quote. Have you always been a big Salman Rushdie fan?
    Always is a very long time. I've enjoyed some of his writing very much and admired his courage. I had to condense it quite a bit to make it fit. I'm just going to guess, but I imagine that most people take the word 'story' far less seriously than Rushdie is using it in that quote. He means it in the most profound social, cultural, political and religious sense.

I'm confused why anyone would want the premier(I'm assuming?) golf association in the world to try and manipulate their membership? Does any "major" American sports league limit how many foreign players are allowed?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm confused why anyone would want the premier(I'm assuming?) golf association in the world to try and manipulate their membership? Does any "major" American sports league limit how many foreign players are allowed?
    No but the Canadian Football League does. But that is a a team sport and a horse of a different color.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."