Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Can't melt it down, it's wood.

I think it belongs in the Heritage Center, it's a piece of history. But I don't think we need the Legislature passing a law to make that happen. The administration at UND should just sack up and do the right thing.
    I agree. It is an historical artifact and should be treated as such.

I agree. Passing a law to make this happen is excessive (now watch as I walk this back and change positions).

Point three. If only that administration had any common sense rather than their narcissistic point of view. When in the history of NDSU / NDAC vs. UN_ (no D for them with this situation also) have you known or seen that administration use common sense to do the right thing. Like with kids, sometimes you just gotta force the issue.

(BTW, my preference is the Heritage Center.)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Either way, UN_ only has two choices, Heritage Center or put it up for grabs when we play them in 2019. If it's back in play, once we win it in '19 we can just donate it. No matter what, it won't matter much longer. Too bad the idiots at un_ always have to make things difficult.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Can't melt it down, it's wood.

I think it belongs in the Heritage Center, it's a piece of history. But I don't think we need the Legislature passing a law to make that happen. The administration at UND should just sack up and do the right thing.

What a coin flip, the state legislature is way out of bounds on the Nickel, don't they have a full enough of a plate with the financial challenges in this state. This reminds me of the ND Attorney General siouxing the NCAA over the SIOUX name and logo. What other U in the country would have their state attorney general file suit? None, the U would handle it themselves, but not here in ND.

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Greatest. Bisonville. Post. EVER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

#Winning #Tigerblood

UND can keep it. NDSU has the Bison, all they have is a distant memory imprinted on the flip side of a nickel.

There are holocaust museums, slavery museums, and such. It might as well be put in a museum since it has all that hostile and abusive imagery that points out and reminds of the racist nature of the school to the north. Maybe it could help people learn of past mistakes.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    What a coin flip, the state legislature is way out of bounds on the Nickel, don't they have a full enough of a plate with the financial challenges in this state. This reminds me of the ND Attorney General siouxing the NCAA over the SIOUX name and logo. What other U in the country would have their state attorney general file suit? None, the U would handle it themselves, but not here in ND.

UND and NDSU, together should put this to sleep, maybe by permanently awarding it to the school that wins the first MVFC game, since it was awarded at the annual conference game? That would be fair in that the schedule is not out yet and therefore the home team is unknown. The Nickel does not belong in Bismarck, it should be on one of the campuses.
    UND hides it in a closet somewhere... don't they? What's the point of that?

Put it in the capitol building so that Stenehjem has to walk by it to remind him how much of the state's time he wasted with his NCAA suit.