Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    How triggered would they get if some Ndsu student "stole" it.
    Leave a sign in its place that says "Trigger Warning..."
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I was going to use this on day 5 of the Cal Poly countdown thread, but given the drift of the conversation, I'll just through this out now instead. It was posted earlier that on UN_'s official website they state you can have your picture taken with their trophy at any of the first three home games during tailgating or at the tin shed where they play. This is not one of those "Things that Really Bug Vet" but there is much irony here. If it were NDSU legislators would be wailing like Bison bison's "A black dog howls at the crimson moon" calling for Bresciani's head. Members of the HYB would be chiming in and losing what little sanity most of them have over the arrogance of NDSU and their fans. My point of this particular diatribe is this: Kennedy has done a fine job of taking charge and showing leadership on this issue. I don't have enough purple for that one. For the President of a state institution, nothing conveys a sense of entitlement, conceit, and elitism more than "We don't have to obey state law". It doesn't bug me, I just find it really ironic, pathetic and humorous all at the same time. That's my nickel's worth.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'd bet that the top half of the NCC would have been very competitive in D-1AA.
    Yeah, I know. Just venting. Vet nailed it above. ‘Pathetic’ is a perfect choice of word. Deep down, they know it too, and it's not good for their football karma …

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    How triggered would they get if some Ndsu student "stole" it.
    Would it actually be considered stealing if they don't actually own the thing to begin with?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm currently blocked on twitter by their Champions Club for answering their silly question:

I looked that twitter page up and saw that they are claiming that the trophy will be going to the Heritage Center after its farewell tour. Didn't mention what year its farewell tour is, but it sounds like the trophy is eventually getting retired.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I looked that twitter page up and saw that they are claiming that the trophy will be going to the Heritage Center after its farewell tour. Didn't mention what year its farewell tour is, but it sounds like the trophy is eventually getting retired.
    That covers a lot of ground. Maybe it is in the tiny streak of cynicism that I have, but it sounds to me like they are stalling.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    That covers a lot of ground. Maybe it is in the tiny streak of cynicism that I have, but it sounds to me like they are stalling.
    They have to appoint some committees before they can do anything with it...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

I think that they are jealous of the fact that NDSU has taken its national championship trophies on tour 6 out of the last 7 years and they feel like they need to be relivent to take one of the few trophies they have on tour to show it off. I wonder if I went up to And got my pic taken, if they would let me take it with the Bison side...
    Last edited by Bison03; 08-25-2018 at 01:07 AM.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is good perspective. Do you feel it was shared by most of your teammates? I seem to remember seeing some shots/video of Bison players celebrating with the coin. I could be wrong there.
    Yes, those videos you saw were not from those years. Do you ever remember seeing Bentrim, Simdorn or Beachy holding that trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    Yes, those videos you saw were not from those years. Do you ever remember seeing Bentrim, Simdorn or Beachy holding that trophy?
    My memories aren’t that specific, but I think there might be others here who could help?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery