Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    It's D2 trophy. Marker is not. We play play D1 football now.
    I'd bet that the top half of the NCC would have been very competitive in D-1AA.
    It's OK to not be OK.

My two cents. I resent the fact that UND is currently using the trophy to promote it's own football program. They are tailgating with it, displaying it the Alerus, and have been told by UND boosters that it makes appearances at fund raising events. The Nickel was a traveling trophy. It doesn't belong to UND any more than it belongs to NDSU. If we can't play for anymore, then it needs to be given to an independent entity such as the State Historical Society in Bismarck for everyone's benefit. If UND had some integrity they would realize that themselves. For them to continue to use it for the betterment of their own program shows disrespect for how important the Nickel was at it's time in history.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    My two cents. I resent the fact that UND is currently using the trophy to promote it's own football program. They are tailgating with it, displaying it the Alerus, and have been told by UND boosters that it makes appearances at fund raising events. The Nickel was a traveling trophy. It doesn't belong to UND any more than it belongs to NDSU. If we can't play for anymore, then it needs to be given to an independent entity such as the State Historical Society in Bismarck for everyone's benefit. If UND had some integrity they would realize that themselves. For them to continue to use it for the betterment of their own program shows disrespect for how important the Nickel was at it's time in history.
    They were bringing it to stops on their summer golfing tour. Someone tweeted that it belongs in the Heritage Center, their "Champions Club" replied that is where it is headed after its "farewell tour". The term tour is being used pretty loosely if they are going to have it at tailgating for their first 3 home games.

Seems like the state troopers should go pick it up and take it to Bismarck.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Seems like the state troopers should go pick it up and take it to Bismarck.
    Perhaps someone could make a “citizens arrest” and deliver it to the Heritage Center.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Perhaps someone could make a “citizens arrest” and deliver it to the Heritage Center.
    To be honest, what law is preventing someone from doing that? It's not UND's property.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    To be honest, what law is preventing someone from doing that? It's not UND's property.
    they’d probably be on firmer legal ground than any collegiate rivalry theft pranksters in history.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    They were bringing it to stops on their summer golfing tour. Someone tweeted that it belongs in the Heritage Center, their "Champions Club" replied that is where it is headed after its "farewell tour". The term tour is being used pretty loosely if they are going to have it at tailgating for their first 3 home games.
    I'm currently blocked on twitter by their Champions Club for answering their silly question:

How triggered would they get if some Ndsu student "stole" it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    This is kind of how I feel about it. I think "resent" is a strong word, because I do find it more comical than anything, like others here. I also think that "betterment" is subjective.

I do agree that it is kind of sad that it isn't where it belongs. I hope it happens some day.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery