Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    It’s adorable when NDSU fans pretend like they’ve moved on. The little rock won’t seem so important in the near future.
    No pretending here; take your racist symbol of Native American oppression and shove it. SDSU had the guts and foresight to move up with us when public opinion was, both in ND and SD, not in favor of it...…..it took 4 years for you.....you......you fawkers you to grasp the significance and you fawkers have been playing catchup ever since.

It’s adorable when NDSU fans pretend like they’ve moved on. The little rock won’t seem so important in the near future.
    I have to admit I admire your confidence in a football program that hasn't accomplished anything.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Remember you need us - we have already proven that you are irrelevant as far as our success goes.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

don't be tough on und.

the truth is they did the math a decade ago and realized they couldn't swing it.

the erred in treating NDSU like sh#t, but even more so by moving up without a plan.

they would have been better off staying in D2 in name, because that's what they've ZERO to support their non-hockee programs at the DI level, except for women's-hockee.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's adorable when un_ fans believe that they will have relevance in the MVFC in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If UND wants a rivalry so bad, make them EARN it. They have lost all respect from NDSU since the last time we played. Tell them we’ll call it a rivalry once you beat us
    They already have the rivalry. No sense in saying it doesn't exist when it quite clearly does. I don't think it matters ifthe teams have trophy or not.
    College of Business Alumnus

If we’re trying to move on, why won’t UND let us? Why did you follow us to D1 after bagging on us, why did you follow us to the MVFC, and why do your fans keep INSISTING that you are our real rivals when many NDSU fans would disagree?

The fact is that NDSU doesn’t need to be affiliated with UND in any way for us to be relevant or have success, but it appears the only way for UND to feel relevant is to be mentioned in the same sentence as NDSU. Face it, UND needs this way more than NDSU. That, to me, is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    They already have the rivalry. No sense in saying it doesn't exist when it quite clearly does. I don't think it matters ifthe teams have trophy or not.

The "rivalry" exists because:

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If we’re trying to move on, why won’t UND let us? Why did you follow us to D1 after bagging on us, why did you follow us to the MVFC, and why do your fans keep INSISTING that you are our real rivals when many NDSU fans would disagree?

The fact is that NDSU doesn’t need to be affiliated with UND in any way for us to be relevant or have success, but it appears the only way for UND to feel relevant is to be mentioned in the same sentence as NDSU. Face it, UND needs this way more than NDSU. That, to me, is adorable.
    Exactly what I was thinking before I read your post.
    Paul Fix

Once un_ gets into the MVC and NDSU is playing them every year, it will be both teams biggest rival.