Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2018/...rophy-retires/

Read the article.....notice no quotes/comments from NDSU officials? Yea, most likely because they weren't invited to the retirement party. In fact, i found it on the web........went to the Historical site calendar and didn't see it on their daily calendar as well. In fact, a colleague of mine who is a ardent UND alumni/fan never received an email on this event. They didn't want NDSU to be there, in fact the article states the alumni want to make sure the nickel is displayed "right side out". If that isn't racist .

Anyway, why the f**ck would NDSU partner with an underling university that grovels at our feet wanting recognition for what we've paved over the last 15 years?

Not in favor of it. No. Not ever. Pricks. That's all they are. Arrogant pricks.

Nightmare scenario. A committee is formed (idea thought by und, of course), and they they spend months taking surveys, doing petitions, consulting other schools and people around the state, alumni, former football players, 5 ideas are selected, narrowed down to 3, voted down to 1, needing approval by representatives of both schools, design options are looked at, narrowed down to a couple, decideding on one, trophy is made.....and a huge collective sigh is heard as we all wonder why time and effort was wasted on such a a piece of garbage.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dryash83 View Post
    http://blogs.und.edu/und-today/2018/...rophy-retires/

Read the article.....notice no quotes/comments from NDSU officials? Yea, most likely because they weren't invited to the retirement party. In fact, i found it on the web........went to the Historical site calendar and didn't see it on their daily calendar as well. In fact, a colleague of mine who is a ardent UND alumni/fan never received an email on this event. They didn't want NDSU to be there, in fact the article states the alumni want to make sure the nickel is displayed "right side out". If that isn't racist .

Anyway, why the f**ck would NDSU partner with an underling university that grovels at our feet wanting recognition for what we've paved over the last 15 years?

Not in favor of it. No. Not ever. Pricks. That's all they are. Arrogant pricks.
    Let's be honest, calling them pricks is an insult to pricks.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I have such horrible and indecent things to say about the idea of a new trophy and anyone bringing the idea to legislation that I can't even write any of it. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Nightmare scenario. A committee is formed (idea thought by und, of course), and they they spend months taking surveys, doing petitions, consulting other schools and people around the state, alumni, former football players, 5 ideas are selected, narrowed down to 3, voted down to 1, needing approval by representatives of both schools, design options are looked at, narrowed down to a couple, decideding on one, trophy is made.....and a huge collective sigh is heard as we all wonder why time and effort was wasted on such a a piece of garbage.
    You forgot the committee hiring a search firm.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

No room for a rivalry with the school up north. The Bison have enough with SDSU, UNI, JMU and every team that is talented enough to make it to Frisco to play the Bison. Those are our rivalries.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It would be funny if they create a new trophy and after each beating the Bison impose on the F'Hawkers over the next who knows many years until the UND program gets cut, the NDSU players just do their mid-field prayer ceremony and just walk back to their locker room nonchalantly without acknowledging the trophy's existence.
    YES! Love this.

What stupid idea.
    Bronze this...
    FF6C66DE-D6FE-40BF-9893-4908D36432E3.jpg
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I want a trophy. In state rivalries are the best part of college football, and I'm looking forward to the series renewing.

That's why I like the Mega Dakota Marker.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."