Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

My God. Why? NDSU and anyone associated with it shouldn’t get within a hundred miles of this mess.

“When your enemy is making mistakes don’t interrupt them.”

It’s an embarrassment today and it’s only going to get worse as time goes by.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    My God. Why? NDSU and anyone associated with it shouldn’t get within a hundred miles of this mess.

“When your enemy is making mistakes don’t interrupt them.”

It’s an embarrassment today and it’s only going to get worse as time goes by.
    Giving them attention will only encourage them.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I agree with you and Audit that we shouldn't give them attention, but if giving them attention encourages them to makes asses out of themselves... wow, this is a tough call.

So maybe there's some sort of middle ground. I certainly don't want to appear even mildly upset with them, but I also want to encourage them to make even bigger asses of themselves. I am LOVING the contrast between NDSU and UND right now. Seems like everything UND does lately looks trashy (sometimes literally.)

If only their AD got a national interview over this issue, I'd be:

I'm just glad UN_ made it clear they are complying with the law. (I am glad to hear someone did that; I somehow missed it.) I find it fascinating that the school who always said we were clinging to the past is clinging to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    They continue to be the jealous little brother.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Stick's comments also provide a teaching moment to those that think the Nickel was the "end all, be all" for NDSU back in the day, and that we should continue to play for it. Try to relate the views of the Nickel 30 years ago, to how Stick talks about the Marker in today's environment:

"Obviously it piques your interest a little bit when you walk by it and there's not a rock in the case," said NDSU quarterback Easton Stick. "But our goal is to win the Missouri Valley and that starts Saturday with a big one."

The simple fact is, when you are the premier program in your division, as NDSU was in D2, and continues to be in FCS, your goals are much, much bigger than any one single traveling trophy between rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    NDSU's Blue Key want their own farewell tour since UND is having one.

So GD stupid. Put the nickel in the Heritage Center, put it in a fucking incinerator, whatever, just don't stoop to UND's level and parade it around like a bunch of idiots.

Hey Lauren Singlemann or any current Blue Key or alumni reading this...let it go.
    Paging Mr. heffray. Notice Chaves didn't say which December.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I agree with you and Audit that we shouldn't give them attention, but if giving them attention encourages them to makes asses out of themselves... wow, this is a tough call.

So maybe there's some sort of middle ground. I certainly don't want to appear even mildly upset with them, but I also want to encourage them to make even bigger asses of themselves. I am LOVING the contrast between NDSU and UND right now. Seems like everything UND does lately looks trashy (sometimes literally.)
    By lately do you mean since the beginning of time?

Wish moderators could move this thread to elsewhere. Retire it with the trophy please!

Is it just me or does -ND coach Bubba look like he's gonna start crying everytime you see him in an interview. If he came to my house to recruit my kids I think I'd feel obligated to make him a cup of hot chocolate and help him back to his car. He'd be a nice uncle though!