Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Forget about this stupid trophy. It’s a relic of a bygone era that no longer has any relevance whatsoever. The only thing relevant now is what plays out on the field, and there’s only one way to control that. I like our odds very, very much, but hubris is the enemy of hunger, and this is something we must never forget.
    I LOVE that they still get excited about it. Shows how stuck in the past they are.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Forget about this stupid trophy. It’s a relic of a bygone era that no longer has any relevance whatsoever. The only thing relevant now is what plays out on the field, and there’s only one way to control that. I like our odds very, very much, but hubris is the enemy of hunger, and this is something we must never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It really shows a strong push from school leaders to embrace their new identity and leave the Sioux nickname behind them. Like TAB said the jokes write themselves. They just cannot get out of their own way and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Not true. One side of that trophy is relevant.
    Amid my hatred of UN_ and all their fans lies an appreciation for the rivalry, and the nickel represents that. It may not represent the current rivalry, or lackthereof, but I think it is a nice piece of history. I also think that completely dismissing it as "stupid" and "irrelevant" is actually showing an attitude of butthurt that we don't currently possess it, or ever will. It sucks that we lost that last match-up, but do you think we would as readily shit on the nickel it were currently in our possession? I doubt it.

Regarding the last 2 quotes, maybe I missed a few posts about this, but I wonder if the "other side" of the trophy is also banned now because of the symbol on it?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

No butthurt here. I could really care less about it, even if we had it.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    What the actual fuck!

NICKEL TROPHY
    The historic Nickel Trophy will be displayed out at tailgating and in game on the concourse of the Alerus Center during the first three home football games. Fans will have the opportunity to view and take pictures with the notable heirloom from North Dakota's history.

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/...ll-season.aspx
    Hail the BISON!!!

I really wish some NDSU students would get together and steal it on August 30th and then spray paint Fighting Hawks on the Sioux side, similar to what Hogan did to the WCW belt by spraying NWO.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I really wish some NDSU students would get together and steal it on August 30th and then spray paint Fighting Hawks on the Sioux side, similar to what Hogan did to the WCW belt by spraying NWO.
    We already stole the spotlight nationally and in the state. They lost their dignity all on their own. This is all they have left. It would be like taking money out of the hat of the person on the street corner begging for change.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Amid my hatred of UN_ and all their fans lies an appreciation for the rivalry, and the nickel represents that. It may not represent the current rivalry, or lackthereof, but I think it is a nice piece of history. I also think that completely dismissing it as "stupid" and "irrelevant" is actually showing an attitude of butthurt that we don't currently possess it, or ever will. It sucks that we lost that last match-up, but do you think we would as readily shit on the nickel it were currently in our possession? I doubt it.

Regarding the last 2 quotes, maybe I missed a few posts about this, but I wonder if the "other side" of the trophy is also banned now because of the symbol on it?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
    Four things. One, saying we don't care about the trophy doesn't necessarily demonstrate "butthurt". The way you have worded your statement if people were drooling to get it back you could also say that is"butthurt". Second, we didn't lose the last matchup, we beat the snot out of them. If you are talking about 2003 and the last contest involving the trophy you are correct. It would have been nice to have beaten them at that game, but after 6 National Championships in 7 years why should we care? It's like not having the marker. It would be nice, but I am sure the players would rather have their rings. Third, if we had the nickel it would have been given to the State Historical Society as required by law instead of hiding it like children. Fourth it is ancient history and irrelevant that they have it.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We already stole the spotlight nationally and in the state. They lost their dignity all on their own. This is all they have left. It would be like taking money out of the hat of the person on the street corner begging for change.
    I don't believe they have suffered enough for their press conference back in 2003...But that's just my opinion.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

The issue I have is that if NDSU was breaking state law our president and AD would be run out of town.

So pathetic.
    This. It should be on display at the Heritage Center. Not used as a prop to get people to come to UN_ games. Stupid fawkers.

At least they aren't charging people to get their picture taken with it to cover their budget issues..............or are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This. It should be on display at the Heritage Center. Not used as a prop to get people to come to UN_ games. Stupid fawkers.

At least they aren't charging people to get their picture taken with it to cover their budget issues..............or are they?
    Light bulb.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie