Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by louis13 View Post
    Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.
    Oh good. As the lifelong Bison fan that you are, you do know then that even when we were playing for the nickel trophy....... all of us dumb-ass old-timers ultimately only cared (and currently still care) about only one trophy.............. and, spoiler alert, it wasn't (and isn't) the nickel.

That's the real (and cavernous) difference between the two programs.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I like the idea of putting it in Bismarck. But, right next to it should be the article about how NDSU moving to FCS would be the end of us. The background wall could have a pic of the press conference where und said nobody should play us. Death of a Rivalry could be painted on the wall as well in red (looking like words painted on walls in The Walking Dead).
    You are one petty son-of-a-bitch!

Play for the trophy please. We have deprived an entire generation of NDSU and UND students, including myself, of the chance to witness the great football rivalry between these two school. All you old timers do is bicker about petty BS but you all had your time to witness the traditions of the Bison vs. the Sioux and now maybe us younger guys want in on that great tradition as well. Who cares about the past differences between our administrations, we will be playing yearly very soon so lets make the game interesting. I know none of you want to hear it but I, as an NDSU grad and lifelong bison fan, cannot wait for the day UND beats us on the gridiron because that's what it takes to get all you old timers to stop bitching and to get the rivalry going again.
    I doubt youre a Bison fan then. Contrary to popular belief, they will beat us at some point.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You're a failure

Hahaha, you are going to get torched for this (and probably already have been.)

First, you make it sound like crusty old Bison fans stopped the Nickel Trophy. Um, that was UND, hiding behind flimsy excuse after flimsy excuse. We can't make them play for it. Based on their logic ("it's awarded to the winner of the annual, regular season NDSUvUND"), UND should have forfeited the trophy back in 2004 when they ducked the Bison.

Second, why stop at one loss? Wouldn't you really be happier if, say, NDSU lost two in a row? Heck, why not three? How about four? Five is a prime number. Six rhymes with stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, NDSU already lost to UND when they let them score in the last game and ended up beating them by only 4 TDs.

Put it in a display case next to the men's room so the winning team is showing in the hallway and the losing team is visible from the restroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbear99 View Post
    Put the damn Nickle in the Museum in Bismark. If the NDSU wins the Bison is displayed. If UND wins the other side is displayed.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    You are one petty son-of-a-bitch!
    Wow.
    I really need to slow down when reading loafy's stuff.

Dammit People! It's time to get down with the program and get our groove back on!!!!

Louie Louie.... oh no...... said we gotta play for her
    Aye-yi-yi-yi, yikes!
    Said Louie louie...... oh baby....... we gotta play for her

A fine little trophy, she's waitin' on me
    to stop being so petty, and set that girl free
    She'll sit out in Bismarck, so scared and alone
    cause my crusty old BS will never bring her back home!

Oh! Louie Louie, na-na-na now, said we gotta play for her,
    Aye-yi-yi-yi, now!
    Said Louie Louie, oh baby, we gotta play for her

Her tail's a thing of beauty, but her head's so taboo
    I can't stop thinkin' bout her, what am I gonna do!
    My fellow damn old-timers, just won't leave her alone
    and our young fans are deprived now, c'mon throw them a bone!

Oh! Louie Louie, woah no, said we gotta play for her,
    Aye-yi-yi-yi, boys
    Said Louie Louie, oh baby, said we gotta play for her

Okay, let's lose and get this started right now....................

<Insert Guitar Solo Here>

If we'd just let them win one time, this thing would get done
    Forget all those titles, man, this game is more fun!
    It's just not the same, since she walked out that door
    I LOVE HER, oh I love her, and I need her once more!

Oh! Louie Louie, woah no, said we gotta play for her,
    Aye-yi-yi-yi, yes
    Said Louie Louie, oh baby, said we gotta play for her
    We gotta play for her........
    We just gotta play for her............
    Man, we gotta play for her..........

Why do I get the feeling Bison Loaf sounds more like this when he sings those lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Why do I get the feeling Bison Loaf sounds more like this when he sings those lyrics
    Sounds like...........acts like..........looks like.............drinks like........................The fact is, I'm just oozing with petty, old-time, immaturity.

But, I'll tell you what.............. with or without the nickel, and with or without UND, and with or without the fancy tailgating, and with or without the cozy indoor covered stadium.........................this program has been an absolute blast for me over the years!

(and yes, no surprise that this is probably my favorite movie of all-time! )