Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

It's like after dumping a clingy girlfriend and moving cities when you later find out she's moved to the same city...

"NO! We are not getting back together and NO you can't leave your toothbrush at my place again!"

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It's like after dumping a clingy girlfriend and moving cities when you later find out she's moved to the same city...

"NO! We are not getting back together and NO you can't leave your toothbrush at my place again!"
    "And yes! There IS somebody else who is way smarter and hotter and less bitchy than you!"
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Personally, I can think of 100 hundred reasons to shit on und; a previous poster referenced the D-II days; I totally agree. We're not in D-II anymore; we are adults now......playing in a bigger boy division. Tradition is a word toss out so many times it makes me sick. Look it up: Tradition is a synonym for "RUT".
    That must be why all the coaches and players talk about tradition so much.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

But every 4 years or so you invite her over for a Saturday night just to remind her what she’s missing out on?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    That must be why all the coaches and players talk about tradition so much.
    The Nickel has an important tradition all its own, and I am not going to dismiss that tradition.

But some traditions come and go, depending on the circumstances. The tradition of the Veer Option, for example. If there was one tradition that ever has run its course BECAUSE of the circumstances, A trophy game between NDSU and UND might be the one.

And do you really think the traditions that the players and coaches have been talking about over the past 10 years, has anything remotely to do with the Nickel Trophy?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    The Nickel has an important tradition all its own, and I am not going to dismiss that tradition.

But some traditions come and go, depending on the circumstances. The tradition of the Veer Option, for example. If there was one tradition that ever has run its course BECAUSE of the circumstances, A trophy game between NDSU and UND might be the one.

And do you really think the traditions that the players and coaches have been talking about over the past 10 years, has anything remotely to do with the Nickel Trophy?
    Well, only if you take their words literally. Multiple players have talked about the tradition of the program going back to the 60's.

I'll leave it at this. I want a trophy for our historic in state rival. I guess you guys don't. I can't control it one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Well, only if you take their words literally. Multiple players have talked about the tradition of the program going back to the 60's.

I'll leave it at this. I want a trophy for our historic in state rival. I guess you guys don't. I can't control it one way or the other.
    Discussing and remembering the traditions of the past doesn't mean that one has to be bound by them forever. Culture and traditions evolve over time. Don't worry, you will get your trophy. It is still ridiculous.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

If UND wants a rivalry so bad, make them EARN it. They have lost all respect from NDSU since the last time we played. Tell them we’ll call it a rivalry once you beat us

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If UND wants a rivalry so bad, make them EARN it. They have lost all respect from NDSU since the last time we played. Tell them we’ll call it a rivalry once you beat us
    That’s next year just ask them self righteous people from up north. We are on a decline We hired a poor coaching staff they got Freund as an oc plus they got the best recruits in the country coming in. Now they worry more about Brock Robbins than their own program.

NCAA didn't make UND shitcan both of their rivalry trophies, they did that to themselves. Fuck 'em.
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!