Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Nickel Trophy Update

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Default Re: Nickel Trophy Update

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I have never heard of anyone say they were afraid to play them. You'll have to show me an example of someone saying we were afraid of their football prowess haha.
    You know, it's not just the actual saying of the concept itself, but, as I said, just the insinuation of that ludicrous charge is a bit maddening to those of us that might not think UND is such a great thing for NDSU, and we recognize it as an attempt to summarily dismiss another's viewpoint.

Now......sometimes posters inadvertently throw a lot of things out there, that they later wished they had not touched upon (including me), but because it's a fan board...........that's what "we" all seem to do sometimes. We're passionate about things. So I'm not going to hold a grudge against someone for such things, as I hope others don't against me.

But......since you sure seem like the type that has trouble grasping things right off, I'll try to answer your request ........................

....................Throwing a fit about playing them just means you're afraid of them. ..................................
    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correct. Couldn't agree more. How on earth is this attitude somehow controversial here? I don't get it.
    The sentence above was in a paragraph of a post that YOU agreed with (in the response below it) in this very thread, and that YOU actually bolded the paragraph (it wasn't bolded in the original) for emphasis.

Ok, so granted........maybe you have a habit of not reading everything you agree with and/or bold for emphasis........... but you asked for it (an example, that is ), and there it is.

Anything else I can help you with?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm pretty sure I made these points in my previous posts the past few days.
    Yeah but BL refuted them...I just thought you were rushed for time. SO it's really just a gut feeling then. Ok, fair enough!

OK, i gotta go get this smoker done, I am obviously just procrastinating on BV.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Yeah but BL refuted them...I just thought you were rushed for time. SO it's really just a gut feeling then. Ok, fair enough!

To be fair...............I'm not really sure that I'm capable of refuting anything around here. Lot of brain power has been (joyously and willingly, mind you) left out in the West Lot over the years!

Not sure how you are making these assumptions. If we are to be worried about UND demanding the MVFC to prevent NDSU from offering FCOAs, we should have been worried about schools like UNI and Illinois State, who have big voices in the MVFC, doing this type of behavior earlier. If their big voices don't have an issue with NDSU giving FCOAs, then I highly doubt UND's tiny voice can affect the MVFC.

In regards to the idea that the State will sanction NDSU to help UND because there are State politicians who graduated from UND. First, if this was an actual problem, this would have already happened once UND moved up to DI. Second, the State can't control NDSU's ability to earn funds from fans and alumni, hence why Port whines about Bresciani relationship with the Alumni Foundation. Lastly, as I previously mention, these politicians who graduated from UND also are smart enough not to piss off their own constituents who are NDSU fans. Haven't you ever notice these politicians showing up at NDSU football functions in NDSU gear?

As I have alluded to in the past, UND is a small-time player in regards to MVFC. No need to act like they are a UNI, whom we have conquered and surpassed. We are the King of the Mountain, regardless of how much respect/disrespect the Bison get from the conference big voices. Instead of worrying about UND, we need to worry about our actual threats in football.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Not sure how you are making these assumptions. If we are to be worried about UND demanding the MVFC to prevent NDSU from offering FCOAs, we should have been worried about schools like UNI and Illinois State, who have big voices in the MVFC, doing this type of behavior earlier. If their big voices don't have an issue with NDSU giving FCOAs, then I highly doubt UND's tiny voice can affect the MVFC.

In regards to the idea that the State will sanction NDSU to help UND because there are State politicians who graduated from UND. First, if this was an actual problem, this would have already happened once UND moved up to DI. Second, the State can't control NDSU's ability to earn funds from fans and alumni, hence why Port whines about Bresciani relationship with the Alumni Foundation. Lastly, as I previously mention, these politicians who graduated from UND also are smart enough not to piss off their own constituents who are NDSU fans. Haven't you ever notice these politicians showing up at NDSU football functions in NDSU gear?

As I have alluded to in the past, UND is a small-time player in regards to MVFC. No need to act like they are a UNI, whom we have conquered and surpassed. We are the King of the Mountain, regardless of how much respect/disrespect the Bison get from the conference big voices. Instead of worrying about UND, we need to worry about our actual threats in football.
    Cm please don’t fall into the same category as Rachel. …those were examples of how Und can join the Have-nots to form a voting block. It was in response to your summation they have no power and or minor. You are correct they are minor, but that does not mean they will not have any power. Once the arms race is won, those who lost will use their votes to try and take away the spoils earned by those who won the arms race. I am betting UND will lose the arms race (due to the hockies being king) and when the realize this, they will compete the only way they can......administratively. When you can’t beat them ln the field and or compete you either jump ship or use the pen. (Which is way Rachel’s afraid argument is so absurd, I am not afraid of playing UND and or UND competing. I am "afraid" they will not compete and or cant/wont hang for the long hall.) When that day comes they join the other have notes and use administrative powers to do what they can’t do on the field. ...they did it before, and am betting they do it again.

Concerning the legislation, it has ah history of forcing NDSU to do things for UND’s benefit see Weezie potter and her half backed the idea of forcing games. The GOB has caused all sorts of pain for NDSU because of our move. Your note of Port is exactly what I am talking about. Anytime NDSU gets the better of UND the GOB throws a tizzy and we pay for it one way or another....even if that result is half baked BS that simply waste the administrations time. They dont care as long as it generates bad press.

The main point I am making is when you play with a snake you are gunna eventually one-way or another get bit. Again, it has already happen!
    UND bite NDSU in the past, they did this by getting a voting block to water down the competition so they could overspend on hockies. Us making the decision to get out of the water down league caused a shit storm that still has legislatures pissing their pants. Half of the BS NDSU experiences is because of decision to pullout.
    If you don’t buy into my notion of why UNd joining the MVFC and Summit are bad...that’s fine. However, do not go suggesting it is crazy and or I am paranoid. The one thing you cannot deny is that exactly what I noted has happened in the past.

Concerning the legislation, it has ah history of forcing NDSU to do things for UND’s benefit see Weezie potter and her half backed idea of forcing games. The main point I am making is when you play with a snake you are gunna eventually one-way or another get bit.
    UND bite NDSU in the past, they did this by getting a voting block to water down the competition so they could over spend on hockies. Us making the decision to get out of the water down league they tried to make caused a shit storm that still has legislatures pissing their pants. If you don’t buy into that fine. Don’t. However, do not go suggesting it’s crazy and or I am paranoid. The one thing you cannot deny is that exactly what I noted has happened in the past.

Last point...I get that NDSU and or anyone offically connected with them has to smile and support this move. But its a great thing being on the outside.... I dont have to tow the company line. I can say whatever I want.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 05-26-2017 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    You know, it's not just the actual saying of the concept itself, but, as I said, just the insinuation of that ludicrous charge is a bit maddening to those of us that might not think UND is such a great thing for NDSU, and we recognize it as an attempt to summarily dismiss another's viewpoint.

Now......sometimes posters inadvertently throw a lot of things out there, that they later wished they had not touched upon (including me), but because it's a fan board...........that's what "we" all seem to do sometimes. We're passionate about things. So I'm not going to hold a grudge against someone for such things, as I hope others don't against me.

But......since you sure seem like the type that has trouble grasping things right off, I'll try to answer your request ........................

The sentence above was in a paragraph of a post that YOU agreed with (in the response below it) in this very thread, and that YOU actually bolded the paragraph (it wasn't bolded in the original) for emphasis.

Ok, so granted........maybe you have a habit of not reading everything you agree with and/or bold for emphasis........... but you asked for it (an example, that is ), and there it is.

Anything else I can help you with?
    The first half made a lot of sense- and then the second part literally made no sense whatsoever. I'm not trying to be a dick but literally it made no sense. I could tell that you were angry but really that's it.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Cm please don’t fall into the same category as Rachel. …those were examples of how Und can join the Have-nots to form a voting block. It was in response to your summation they have no power and or minor. You are correct they are minor, but that does not mean they will not have any power. Once the arms race is won, those who lost will use their votes to try and take away the spoils earned by those who won the arms race. I am betting UND will lose the arms race (due to the hockies being king) and when the realize this, they will compete the only way they can......administratively. When you can’t beat them ln the field and or compete you either jump ship or use the pen. (Which is way Rachel’s afraid argument is so absurd, I am not afraid of playing UND and or UND competing. I am "afraid" they will not compete and or cant/wont hang for the long hall.) When that day comes they join the other have notes and use administrative powers to do what they can’t do on the field. ...they did it before, and am betting they do it again.

Concerning the legislation, it has ah history of forcing NDSU to do things for UND’s benefit see Weezie potter and her half backed the idea of forcing games. The GOB has caused all sorts of pain for NDSU because of our move. Your note of Port is exactly what I am talking about. Anytime NDSU gets the better of UND the GOB throws a tizzy and we pay for it one way or another....even if that result is half baked BS that simply waste the administrations time. They dont care as long as it generates bad press.

The main point I am making is when you play with a snake you are gunna eventually one-way or another get bit. Again, it has already happen!
    UND bite NDSU in the past, they did this by getting a voting block to water down the competition so they could overspend on hockies. Us making the decision to get out of the water down league caused a shit storm that still has legislatures pissing their pants. Half of the BS NDSU experiences is because of decision to pullout.
    If you don’t buy into my notion of why UNd joining the MVFC and Summit are bad...that’s fine. However, do not go suggesting it is crazy and or I am paranoid. The one thing you cannot deny is that exactly what I noted has happened in the past.

Concerning the legislation, it has ah history of forcing NDSU to do things for UND’s benefit see Weezie potter and her half backed idea of forcing games. The main point I am making is when you play with a snake you are gunna eventually one-way or another get bit.
    UND bite NDSU in the past, they did this by getting a voting block to water down the competition so they could over spend on hockies. Us making the decision to get out of the water down league they tried to make caused a shit storm that still has legislatures pissing their pants. If you don’t buy into that fine. Don’t. However, do not go suggesting it’s crazy and or I am paranoid. The one thing you cannot deny is that exactly what I noted has happened in the past.

Last point...I get that NDSU and or anyone offically connected with them has to smile and support this move. But its a great thing being on the outside.... I dont have to tow the company line. I can say whatever I want.
    The administration that runs NDSU is far stronger than it was in the past.

The "Good Ole Boys" club, who are not just anti-NDSU but also anti-Higher Ed, can try to be difficult, but the last I checked, they're not winning any battles against NDSU lately. They just keep regurgitating the same Sophomoric rhetoric they were saying years ago (i.e. "Grrrrr," such and such "is getting too big for his/her britches"). Once they realize they are losing the battle, they just move on to the next opportunity to complain about.

The main reason why they are losing - they're stupid.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The administration that runs NDSU is far stronger than it was in the past.

The "Good Ole Boys" club, who are not just anti-NDSU but also anti-Higher Ed, can try to be difficult, but the last I checked, they're not winning any battles against NDSU lately. They just keep regurgitating the same Sophomoric rhetoric they were saying years ago (i.e. "Grrrrr," such and such "is getting too big for his/her britches"). Once they realize they are losing the battle, they just move on to the next opportunity to complain about.

I dont disagree with any of what you just said.....like I said its a valid point to say things are different now. But, it is just as valid to suggest we should not consider the past.

I don't really know much about North Dakota politics anymore after living elsewhere for 20 years, but this makes me laugh! It very well may be true! (Stupid or just petty. Or both!)

looks like the und champions club at Park River ND Golf Event decided to show the racist side of the nickel on June 7

https://twitter.com/redriver75/statu...90135542763521
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?